When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cheapest watch winder (DIY)?

JoQ

Hi!

I'm fairly new to the forums. Been reading a lot lately, and I just ordered myself a Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono Black CV2010 from Joshua (Perfect Clones). Still waiting for it to arrive, so excited!

Something I'm searching for is a watch winder, the cheapest possible, but not ugly as hell!

First thought was, how hard can it be to build one yourself? But then again, I don't want something that ugly ;)

Here's what I found:

1. Cheapest/ugly

2. Okey price and looks (plastic :( )

3. Best looking/most expensive

Do you guys know anywhere else where I can find cheap watch winders? Or some DIY-guide?

Please reply :D

Try this: http://www.acetimer....oublewinder.htm

best I've found for the money.

+1 on the Acetimer for an affordable winder. I have one 8x12 for me and one 2x3 for my wife.

I am approaching 1yr on my 8x. It was wisper quite when I got it, it has gotten a touch louder, but not enough to bother me in the bedroom while sleeping 10 feet away from it.

AceTimer touts their fuzzy logic. It is actually the weak link since you can not independently control CW, CCW. This makes it A7750, and one way winding movements unfriendly if you leave them on for more than a week without wearing. Easily hacked if you are an electronics geek.

Works perfect with all other ETA, and Gens I have.

Pay a little more for quality. It doesn't have to break the bank, but an Orbita for a couple hundred will do quite well in the long run.

+1, all I use and will use.

The cheaper alternative is wear your watch, drink 15 cans of Red Bull, get some glow stick and turn on some techno music!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: