When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Invicta 2684 Speedway Cosc Certified

Bansenshukai

I started out with lots of invictas, probably around 15 or so. There is a lot of variability with the brand so it is hard to say. Some are really nice, in fact, I just had that huge Russian diver with the skeletonized 6497 which was really excellent quality and a good watch for the money (IMO). On the other hand, some are total POS with thin crystals and terrible movements. Also, the limited ed doesn't mean much with that brand. However, if it is swiss made (which I'm guessing) it is probably decent. How much is it?

I started out with lots of invictas, probably around 15 or so. There is a lot of variability with the brand so it is hard to say. Some are really nice, in fact, I just had that huge Russian diver with the skeletonized 6497 which was really excellent quality and a good watch for the money (IMO). On the other hand, some are total POS with thin crystals and terrible movements. Also, the limited ed doesn't mean much with that brand. However, if it is swiss made (which I'm guessing) it is probably decent. How much is it?

$1300 USD.

Have not decided to buy it yet. Tommorow I'll hit my decision point.

$1300 for a Invicta?

I'm sure it's a nice watch... but don't do it!!!

Imagine what preowned great brand watches you could get for that money: Breitlings, Omegas, DateJusts, etc. Add $500 and you'll get a no-date Submariner.

DON'T BE CRAZY!!!

$1300 for a Invicta?

I'm sure it's a nice watch... but don't do it!!!

Imagine what preowned great brand watches you could get for that money: Breitlings, Omegas, DateJusts, etc. Add $500 and you'll get a no-date Submariner.

DON'T BE CRAZY!!!

Ditto

Anything above $300 for an Invicta is F-ING CRAZY.

I don't care about Fine Time Piece this or Fine Time Piece that; Ceramic. MOP. Meteorite nor "only XXX in the world" BS.

I don't care if it was made by a dozen Blond 34DD Swiss-German babes with a PHD in watchmaking.

For #1300 you are being Invictamized.

Don't do it... It may be a nice looking watch and all, but it will always have that Invicta stinkma about it. It's a wannabe brand that just hasn't made it yet but for a small cult following.

They are *OK* watches, but surely not great watches, $1300 will buy you a great second hand, and sometimes a great new watch.

I am going to echo the above comments. Nothing wrong with Invicta at all, but for $1300 you can buy a lot more watch. I am familar with the watch you are looking at and it is beautiful, but you can buy the same watch with a quartz movement for under $200, get "the look" and have $1100 left over for a name brand watch.

This forum used to be dedicated to invicta, but they now have grown to other watch brands as well. Lots of invicta talk going on there:

http://www.bestdamnwatchforum.com

Dave

Get a Hamilton, Oris, Ball, Glycine, Sinn . . . but don't waste that money on an Invicta. Invictas make sense at $150, at luxury watch money you should invest in a luxury watch brand. A $1300 Invicta is like buying a $1300 suit from Wal-Mart. . . it doesn't matter what the quality is like, you've gone way beyond the price point where buying from that particular source makes any sense.

I guess you never watched Eyal Lalo and his girlfriend Jim Skelton do their carnival barking on SlopNBC.

You gotta hand it to them, they convinced alot of people to part with their money for nothing more than junk. Invicta has the worst customer service on the planet, oh yeah and the address that they give for their company is actually the middle on a street across from a a strip center. Save your money and spend it on something nice, hell for 1300 bucks you can get a nice tudor chrono. These opinions are my own and do not express the management's views... Thank you

I would start thinking about a gen moon watch :)
Edited by cjeffers58

Invicta has the worst customer service on the planet,

About 5 years ago, invicta had really good service, however this has turned to crap lately. On the other hand, even panerai's customer service isn't very good. Omega is the same way. After I got a new seamaster the bezel had a problem after a month, I didn't see it for about 4 months or so. Most customer service sucks (except Joshua's of course). I try to look at the watch itself and forget about the name. If you are into this, I would suggest you get it. In the end, none of this watch buying is rational or makes sense, you just have to go with what feels right.

You know... even if Invicta was to make a high quality watch with some design innovation built in, there would still be no way I would even consider buying another (yes, I pulled the trigger on a sub clone some years ago out of curiosity) unless they changed that horrible cheapo cheesy logo they have on the dial....

The line thickness is just way too thick ,for a small detailed item like that, and I believe it ruins every chance for the watch to even 'look' classy.

I hope you've changed your mind and looked at more acceptable brands.

Invicta schmicta....buy a Montres Allison instead.....you'r ejust getting ripped to the same extent.......only Montres Allison does have a 'cachet' about it in Hollywood circles.....all those cheesy PR agents and wannabe movie execs....love havin' that bling...clubbin' about thinking they got a $20K watch fro $2500.....there;s one born every minute.....and YOU wanna be my agent.......LOL!

$1300 will buy you a good second hand brand name watch.....hell ...you can get virtually anything Oris for that money......and they are built like brick shithouses..even new Omegas...give up on Invicta.....it's a wannabe namefor wannabe sheeple.....!

Edited by TTK