When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchmaker9 Question

Rolexious

I know that the watchmaker9 site had been down for awhile. I just checked and I could find no sign of replica watches on the current watchmaker9 site (www.watchmaker9.tv). It is showing what are presumably gen watches at gen prices. However, I found another site (http://www.rolexfactory.com/) which shows a WM9 page updated around Thanksgiving that does show replicas and replica pricing but when clicking on "HOME" I get redirected to the current Watchmaker9 site.

Can someone update me on what is going on?

I checked again, I see all the watches but the retail prices as an example for the Submariner 16610 is $5,495. Site shows update on January 11.

Yachtmaster as cut and pasted----

The 2008 Z-Serial Yacht-Master 16622 features:

The Rolex Yacht-Master Model 16622 for man

This Watch Looks Even Better on Lady's Wrist

Solid end links for heavy duty uses

Sapphire crystal glass

Barely-visible Rolex crown etching on sapphire crystal around at 6 o'clock

18k white gold hour/minute and second hands

Swiss Super-Luminova applied on hour index and hands, glows brightly in night or dark

2.5X loupe on date at 3 o'clock

Screw in crown provides water resistance up to 100m (330ft)

Wristband links are connected by screws

Measurements:

Watch diameter: 40 mm (excluding the crown)

Weight at: 144 grams

Model: Yacht-Master 16622

Accessories:

Retail Price $7,500 US dollars.

Guest techlogik

He moved his website due to some "issues", he may have lost some information, plus they don't really want to publicize the fact that they are replicas. Just modding Genuine (which they aren't)...but it is a cat/mouse game I am guessing.

Contact BK for pricing info, or his section on the Rep forums for more info.

This may be a really off the wall theory, but I believe George may have gotten some correspondence from Rolex vis a vis Counterfeit watches being sold on his website. Of all the rep dealers,etc. He would probably be the one Rolex would most like to shut down, as his reps are so darn good, they are scary. i just read a post by someone who bought the WM9 Yachtmaster, and did a side by side comparision with a real one, and the owner of the real one couldn't tell the watches apart!

The other thing that may have happened as well is he may have shut down ordering for a while until he catches up. He is so far behind schedule on the TT sub and the Seadweller, it's starting to create problems. I read a thread a while back here that he had 3000 orders for the Seadweller!! I hardly think that's possible, but who knows. It's probably more like 300, but that is a big bunch of watches if you are going to QC each one before it leaves the nest.Also there was a 13 page thread a couple of days ago over on RWI just blistering bklm for taking so long delivering watches, and then having the audacity to ask folks who made deposits to pay up as he needed to buy more watch components from George. The guy who startedthe thread PM'ed BK for more information on delivery of watches he had a deposit down on. BK didn't answer the PM or email within this guys comfort framework, (24 hours I believe). Well long story short, he opened a Paypal dispute with BK! There were 13 pages of rants, probably by folks who don't even know who BK is, much less have a deposit down with him.It seems like a lot of BK's problems are related to the problem getting parts, which goes back to George having quality control problems with the factories. BK gave the guy a refund and the PayPal dispute was dropped, but who knows now BK's account has a flag, and PayPal will look at every transaction checking for fraud.

yeah im surprised WM9 ISNT public enemy number one as far as Rolex is concerned. His reps are the best, can fit gen parts, exacting dissections of genuines, and pretty renowned in rep circles. He's the top of the list. sadly i'd say its only a matter of time before he, and all those involved tumble. if he's smart he'll quit the game while he's ahead by a few million and not get greedy. Most people get caught in all activities of gray to black markets by staying in the game too long. make your million and get out. So in other words buy up some stock from wm9 before it becomes the "new" closed factory case. :)

Guest techlogik

yeah im surprised WM9 ISNT public enemy number one as far as Rolex is concerned. His reps are the best, can fit gen parts, exacting dissections of genuines, and pretty renowned in rep circles. He's the top of the list. sadly i'd say its only a matter of time before he, and all those involved tumble. if he's smart he'll quit the game while he's ahead by a few million and not get greedy. Most people get caught in all activities of gray to black markets by staying in the game too long. make your million and get out. So in other words buy up some stock from wm9 before it becomes the "new" closed factory case. :)

Or move his operations to China...haha...no worries then if you know how to operate in the area.

That thread about WM9 was pretty crazy.

I still don't get why someone would pay either a deposit, or full price for a watch that may/may not show up in a year or even 18 months. That is just crazy.

What is interesting is how Josh/Andrew have had a lot of hosting problems lately. Also, RWI popped offline today. Checked out the DNS records etc...either moving hosting, something with the DNS setup/registration.

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but these rep makers/dealers are public enemy #1 to the makers of the real deal.

This is a never sending "cat and mouse" game with these guys. What they are doing is illegal, plain and simple. They have lots of adversaries. The folks on the scammer rep sites hate them, the genuine watchmakers hate them, and government authorities hate them. So its a game of constantly moving servers, IP addresses, etc. trying to stay one step ahead of the hunters. They also have to use unpopular and expensive money collection methods, as the regular means such as PayPal and credit cards often are not available. WU and MoneyGram are certainly not my payment method of choice, and I will not use them except as a last resort, and only with folks that I know and trust.

By removing every vestige of replica information and prices, WM9s site is fairly sterile. He is not openly selling watches, and isnt advertising watches for sale, so his is an informational site only. Back several years ago, it was almost impossible to get an MBW, unless you knew someone and had been around the forums for a long time. Forget about Maria or George unless they knew you. No websites, you had to be referred by someone they knew and trusted or they wouldnt even answer your email. May get back to the same type business model again, if the heat gets turned up too much.

Arthur

I still don't get why someone would pay either a deposit, or full price for a watch that may/may not show up in a year or even 18 months. That is just crazy.

Well if you go through BK, I have NO PROBLEM saying he's a stand up guy, and it wouldnt be unreasonable for him to refund your money if he couldnt provide you with what you paid for. In fact he's offered refunds for those who want out of their TT wm9 deal.