When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer updated datewheel?

pauld

I was going to comment on the same thing...but I thought my eyes were lying to me as well.

Looks less sunken...not totally flush, but much less than before.

Maybe the factories are finally getting the hint that they would sell more watches if they fixed this glaring flaw. rolleyes.gif

OLD: (DW in another zip code)

2.jpg

NEW: (DW closer to dial)

21.jpg

Edited by jot9011

Sliderule doesn't allign.

White dial looks terrible. (too heavy printing)

Black and Blue dials look better (proper subdial recess with more pronounced pie pan effect)

Insert print is still to far from the edge

Date font is still wrong

Caseback still wrong shape

Interesting development, but I wonder why they not updated the datefont to the new, correct style which is already used on other Breitling replicas..?

The Navitimer was once a very good Breitling replica. But it has not been updated during the last two years, so it is no longer up to current standard.

I saw the pictures on Josh'es site and had to go to RWG immediately to follow the discussion =)

This movement is very interesting, it does not look very much alike the 7750 from the back side. The first thing to notice is ofcourse the datewheel which is more flush, but I noticed another interesting thing .. when looking at the new Timewalker rep (featuring the same new movement), it looks like they have managed to make the movement thinner! There is a gap between the see-through case back crystal and the rotor which seems to be bigger than on the old A7750 tri-compax Timewalker rep! If this is the case, it is really good news .. this means the factories can produce a new thinner case set for navitimers, timewalkers and other 7753-based watches which better matches the original 7753 movement since the tri-compax module ontop of the A7750 makes the movement, and thus the case, thicker than original.

If this is the case, we will hopefully see new reps with new case sets for these watches :D

Edited by 801run

Is this a 7753 copy or a modified 7750 done slightly differently to fix the sunken date wheel issue on the 3-6-9 sub configuration?

Intel has it that this is a "NEW" 7753 copy movement that's been in the works for a while.

We are supposedly going to see alot of updated versions of the 3-6-9 subdial configuration watches...thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I asked Joshua about this new config and he says these Breit's are "non-working" chrono models. shame.

crap! typical .. you get all too excited for nothing. found it a bit strange with the chrono parts missing on the back of the movement. that also explains the thinner movement.

Just a question to you navitimer experts: i read about that some members glued on a second datewheel on their PAM reps. So the datewheel is "doubled", thicker, and reduces the gap between the dial.

Is this also a possible solution, or would this mod not work on the movment?

J

It's not quite as simple as gluing a second DW on. The space is created because the chrono gears are in between the DW and the dial. The fix involves placing a spacer ring on top of the original DW followed by a second DW. The tolerances are very tight....so not an easy task.

Yep, the problem with the tricompax 7750s is that they are simply modified versions of the standard 7750 that have subdials at 6,9 & 12. The 12:00 subdial is transfered to the 3:00 position using a series of gears that actually sit on top of the datewheel. I believe it was Francisco that came up with a method of accomplishing this that involved fabricating a very thin spacer ring that was glued to the datewheel, then applying a second datewheel to that spacer. The result looked fabulous, but the process to do it was far too expensive and time consuming to take it in to mass production. So until we see a new movement, we are stuck with the recessed datewheel problem.