When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 from ET came with a crooked dial

mikejungle

Hi

My MBW 1665 came from eurotimez with a dial that's not aligned correctly. It's tilted slightly counterclockwise.

What should I do? I don't really have experience working with watches. I think I know in theory how to disassemble it, but lack the tools.

Is this easily corrected? i.e. is the mbw dial flat on the back? I know I've been told that I should learn how to work on watches, and I will, but in my current situation, wouldn't it be better to send it to someone? Get the cg's/lugholes modded and get the t39 flat mounted?

Thanks

dude. now the second hand has stopped moving entirely...i'm quite worried. Will ET do anything about this? I can't imagine sending it back and receiving a new one would help me. Are they gonna shoulder any of the responsibility for me having to send it to someone else getting it repaired?

I sort of doubt it...

Agree it's not an example for good quality checks.

But unfortunately it happens to all the collectors.

I think the solutions given by Eurotimez is correct.

I remember worse or no solutions from other collectors.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Eurotimez will take care of you. Do not worry...but also, be patient. It takes time to remediate problems. I only have bought from two vendors, Eurotimez and BK and have had satisfactory service from both.

Thanks.

Helina has been more than accommodating, so I'm not worried...but sending it back seems like a huge hassle and a long wait. I'd rather send it somewhere within the US and be reimbursed, but it seems ET only offers store credit. If I were going to order from them again soon, I think it'd be nice, but I plan to spend my $$$ on pimping out my 1665.

Ah...dilemma. What should I do?

hmmm :) hi mike

the first thing that i learnd here is...that you need time and patience in this buisness :)

if you like it so much, then spend that 3 or 4 weeks in the shipping and at the end you will have the watch that you like, i would do that, hey you lived so long without, so you can live without it for a month longer or not :D

think about it and dont stress yourself, ship it back and enjoy your watch when it arrives you a few weeks later :)

just my two german cents :D

denz

So much for "Quality Control".....

Every rep I've ever bought has the dial 1/2 second off in either direction. (and the click bezel 1/2 second off in the OTHER direction LOLOL) You need to learn what this hobby is about before making such statements. It's important for newcomers to realize that replicas are by their nature imperfect .. or we will end up with forums full of people shouting about their new toy's tiny flaws and who the hell wants to read that all day?

You are buying a counterfeit watch assembled by someone who doesn't care.

Eurotimez specifies exactly their QC procedure and if you READ IT you will see that it does not include rotating watch dials 1/2 second to make it perfect. If you want service like that, buy a $700 Yachtmaster from BK.

Well, as I added, the watch has stopped moving altogether. Whether this is because of the rattling, or independent of it, I don't know. I have no tools whatsoever, which includes a caseback opener.

I just want advice on whether I should send it back or if I should find someone else here to fix it for me. If the dial alignment is not part of ET's QC, then isn't there cause for me to seek someone else out? And yeah...I can be patient...

As of now, it seems that sending it back is the best way to go.

If the watch has as loud rattle and it's stopped working, I'd bet you a dollah that the winding rotor has come off in transit. It happens all the time; it's just held on by a tiny screw. If that's the case then it's incredibly easy to fix. Just my opinion from afar, tho.

As for seeking out another dealer due to the dial issue ... most dealers drop ship (ie never even see your watch since it comes right from the factory to you, with the dealer simply playing order-taker) , and would not know if the watch you receive had a live badger duct taped to the face.

If the watch has as loud rattle and it's stopped working, I'd bet you a dollah that the winding rotor has come off in transit. It happens all the time; it's just held on by a tiny screw. If that's the case then it's incredibly easy to fix. Just my opinion from afar, tho.

As for seeking out another dealer due to the dial issue ... most dealers drop ship (ie never even see your watch since it comes right from the factory to you, with the dealer simply playing order-taker) , and would not know if the watch you receive had a live badger duct taped to the face.

Let me correct you...I'm not looking for another dealer. I'm looking for someone to fix my watch. I've contacted Speedy G at repgeek so I'll see what happens from there.

Thanks for the comment on the winding rotor.