When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If I have helped anyone here, please help me now.....

Justasgood

I outlined that someone has been stealing my mail and I have lost a few watches and parts.

I really need for someone to take a picture of the Vintage Sub crystal compression/retention ring and the rest of the bezel assembly(Ring, washer, bezel and insert) system.

If you have calipers, please take the measurments of thickness, Inside diameter and outside diameter.

Heck even better, if you can spare it, I will pay for shipping(Both ways) and insurance if you could kindly send it to a member in Texas who has been kind enough to agree to mill me 2 replacements for the ones that got stolen. You will get your part back.

Please help me keep my sanity and help me build myself a watch or 2.

Regards,

Kurt.

I'll toss in a CAD drawing of the ring if I get one to make detailed measurements from (or a detailed dimensioned sketch) so anybody else in this "pickle" will at least have access to a print to get one made from...

Hey JaG. I could lend you a retaining ring from an MBW 1665, if that's what you need.

At the same time, do you think your friend would be willing to machine a small cosmetic bevel into another bezel ring for me?

Hey JaG. I could lend you a retaining ring from an MBW 1665, if that's what you need.

At the same time, do you think your friend would be willing to machine a small cosmetic bevel into another bezel ring for me?

Thanks for the offer but the 1665 has a thicker ring. It has to be from a 5512/5513/1680.

Jusin,

can you handle the bevel request?

The only thing I would have had is the MBW case that I sent you, but besides that, i don't know what else I might have, other wise I would send it to you in an instant. Will the Tudor be of any assistance? Let me know - glad to help where I can!

Would this thickness difference be like a "The ring is identical except for this dimension should be that" kind of thing or is it totally different?

Avitt, be happy to.

The only thing I would have had is the MBW case that I sent you, but besides that, i don't know what else I might have, other wise I would send it to you in an instant. Will the Tudor be of any assistance? Let me know - glad to help where I can!

Hey Red....Thanks. Don't ever let that Tudor out of your grasp :-) The MBW you sent is the watch I am trying to finish. I sent the Ring and bezel to Justin so he could replicate it and the package disappeared.

The Tudor has the same construction as what I need but I can't ask you to part with it.

Would this thickness difference be like a "The ring is identical except for this dimension should be that" kind of thing or is it totally different?

Avitt, be happy to.

Not really sure. The inside diameter of the ring would be the same....but I don't know about the outside diameter.

In fact if you look at the link from UBI, it shows both types....but no dimensions or measurements :-(

I may have a spare ring for you. let me check my part. I remember buying a couple of insert from Helen Wong they came with the retaining ring and I believe those were for the 1680.

Cheers

That would be awesome. To be clear, the ring is the piece that fits snugly over the crystal and the bezel snaps onto it.

Regards,

Kurt.

I have a 1680 that I can send JAG, but if it's for a gen it needs to be remeasured.. it's supposed to be a gen .. but I have my doubts.. it will take a MBK but is a fraction of a MM too small (somewhere) for the gen bezel to be tight... give me a call on the phone if this would help... I could use a copy myself if that's possible..

AC/Lani

I have a 1680 that I can send JAG, but if it's for a gen it needs to be remeasured.. it's supposed to be a gen .. but I have my doubts.. it will take a MBK but is a fraction of a MM too small (somewhere) for the gen bezel to be tight... give me a call on the phone if this would help... I could use a copy myself if that's possible..

AC/Lani

calling now...