When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Alright Panny experts..

plaifender

Yeah, a gen equivalent doesn't exist, I was looking for something like that a while back. I think I ended up createing a fantasy, consisting of a brushed case, polished bezel, logo dial (but sandwich), and brushed CG. I forget if it was a display or closed case back though. As I ended up not liking the brushed steel case, I ended up putting it away, so it's not handy to take a pic of. But fantasy would be the route to go.

My choice would be a PreV 201a

DSN dial(if available) or better, a FGD dial if he makes one

Helenrou case with Jackson Tse bezel (the Helenrou bezel is not correct for the PreV)

correct historic CG.. LH or equivalent

this is the gen

66441929.jpg

36146118.jpg

I prefer the PreV's over the latter models.. to me they have more character.. B)

or maybe buy an 005 and brush it myself.. or have someone brush the case for me while keeping the bezel polished..... who would i contact about that???

As your in Spain what about Hijack?

p.s. If i chose another route.. what dealers could sell me an 005 dial? I could possibly get an 005 dial and drop it into a 111 with modded brushed case or an 005 modded case.. the 172 looks great also... would an 005 dial fit the above cases?

DSN

Was the Helenrou bezel too wide, steep slope, drop at end ... ??

it does have dimples.. but the Jackson Tse bezel would make the bezel issue right, Jacksons Tse' bezel is spot on for a PreV.. if you can live with the dimples for a lesser rep.. if your going all out with a Zig pvd and FGD dial.. etc.. then I would wait for the Kruzer gen CNC'd case..

Funny you thought about this combo, when comparing the different 005 from all dealers, i thought about brush/polish and i emailed DSN about it, his answer was:

" HI

pam 005 with brusehd case/cg and polsied bezel is possible.

Gen does not have this feature.

are you sure? "

Just to tell you it's possible, finally 1 went for an another dealer with a 005 "stock".