When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wow

Nogs

i recieved my DSSD today from joshua and i have to say im blown away by it... im stunned at the quality of it... its stunning.

i cant beleive how nice it is

when i get my camera back next week i will post some pictures for you all.Josh has sent me the correct bezel to have fitted as well for an extra

Nogs

have a read here

pay attention to

[25] - Do not visit an AD (Authentic Dealer) with your replica watch and show it of as the real thing. If you do so, we are not interested in hearing about it. Such post will be deleted.

[26] - NO replica pictures should be posted on the genuine time piece forums by the members of RWG. A violation of this rule will get you permanently banned. Our little underground hobby does not need this kind of attention.

Sometimes it could happen, that your watch is seized by the AD.... Unbelivable, but true...

I cant believe this, although some say this could happen. It is not illegal to own a replica in most countries. It is just illegal to sell them or import them in large quantities. There is no way that a guy from the AD will ever take my watch from me, first of all cause i wont be taking a rep in the AD ;) second when I by accident do have one on my wrist he does not have the right to do that (in the Netherlands at least) and i will never allow someone to take it.

I realy doubt that it has ever hapenned that a rep has been taken by a guy from the AD...

But off course all could be prevented by not bringing a rep into the AD, prevent the situation from happening :)

Well at least he's happy!!

And the AD now has plenty to chat about in his circle.

My only niggle is if he was prepared, as a noob, to take to an AD I just hope he didnt tell any details in his enthusiasm?

well first of all to the guy who called me a p...k ... brave talk for a man who,s sitting a long way away.... you rude f..k

second of all, maybe i dont know the rules of the board and maybe i should read up a bit more.maybe a bit od advise instead of a lashing would be a more appropriate way to let me know.

i didnt know the dealer.. i actually took it in cause i wanted to know just how good my replica watch is.... so i blatantly asked him is this a real watch or a fake.. he told me he was pretty sure it was a geniune watch.. the only way he could tell was to open it up.. and believe me there was no way anyone would of taking my watch off me

now i came to this forum for some help and advise, and i did get some help from a couple of guys, who i thank very much...

people like myself come to these places to get help and advise... im pretty new here and do not know the do,s and dont,s yet.. when ive been here as long as you guys have been here.... i will offer help to the noobs.. not call them a p...k

like i said i love my watch and thanks to the guys who PM me and helped me press the red button

Edited by Nogs

well first of all to the guy who called me a p...k ... brave talk for a man who,s sitting a long way away.... you rude f..k

Yes, you're right and I apologise wholeheartedly, I was just shocked and reacted, taking a rep to an AD is No 1 in the list of sins in the Rep world as you have no doubt found out. All the rep forums take a dim view of this, and to be fair, you should have read the rules when you joined. However I was wrong to say what I did.

Thanks for the post because I also have a DSSD coming from Josh this week hopefully. The best is not to bring a rep to a dealer but it's not the end of the world. Jeez

they are not going to take your watch but the idea is to not spread to dealers just how good our reps are getting...this gets back to those in authorized circles and could jeopardize our hobby...Nuff said

it's something to try and avoid but if you happen to have your rep on and see an AD...either take your watch off or wear the rep proudly but never admit or brag it's a rep...that is a dumb move. Act like it's real.

I can't wait to get my DSSD this week!

... im pretty new here and do not know the do,s and dont,s yet...

It isnt so much a case of waiting to be told it there is plenty of info when starting out on here as to do's and dont's, you will find near enough everything you need to help avoid such issues arising in future.

It takes a lot of reading but its worth it mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Enjoy your watch :D

It isnt so much a case of waiting to be told it there is plenty of info when starting out on here as to do's and dont's, you will find near enough everything you need to help avoid such issues arising in future.

It takes a lot of reading but its worth it mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Enjoy your watch :D

i accept your appology brightight... and except mine for been a dufas

we live and learn and today i have learned

but i have to say it was kind of cool when the dealer told ne it was real

Very Uncool!

But, the AD must have been an idiot to miss everything we know is wrong on the V5.

It's not very uncool...the guy made a mistake...don't have a cow.

Plus those guys at the AD don't know reps and certainly would have a hard time telling a rep DSSD from a gen. They are really close unless they have them side by side and inspect it off his wrist.

Anyway...not a big deal. Just don't do it again if you can avoid it. :victory:

It's not very uncool...the guy made a mistake...don't have a cow.

Plus those guys at the AD don't know reps and certainly would have a hard time telling a rep DSSD from a gen. They are really close unless they have them side by side and inspect it off his wrist.

Anyway...not a big deal. Just don't do it again if you can avoid it. :victory:

Your the only one having a cow. And yes, it was very uncool! How do you know he didn't have it off his wrist? Any AD worth his salt can tell the difference. We certainly can! They get bulletins all the time concerning replicas.

Edited by bundamania

Your the only one having a cow. And yes, it was very uncool! How do you know he didn't have it off his wrist? Any AD worth his salt can tell the difference. We certainly can! They get bulletins all the time concerning replicas.

Obviously we already know that the guy in the AD DID NOT KNOW it was a rep. people in AD's often have no idea about the quality of reps. They're often just hired help. Now specialty and vintage shops are another story. Those guys have to be on point, because their business is buying and selling exclusive models working with new, used and vintage models..