When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Show us your 233

PeteM

Would any of you guys be good enough to post some pics of your PAM 233's

I have been looking for decent version without much luck.

Thanks in advance

PeteM

I am really quite surprised and to be honest a bit despondent that you've not had any replies to your request. Sadly it seems that the $150 to $200 reps aren't very popular with the rwgristi.

I keep contemplating over this rep to. The closest I have had to it was a genuine tunnel strap, which I later sold as it wouldn't fit my puny wrists. At one of the Sydney GTG last year I did get to see one in the flesh and I have to say they are a remarkable fine looking watch and the one I saw was really rather good quality. I'm sitting here think why the friggin hell haven't I got one. From what I can tell PWC over at RG did a really good one for $149 I don't know if he still has access to them at that price but I may well pull the trigger on one.

The gen

paneraiimage472711.jpg

And here is nixx 's over on RG, I really hope he don't mind me showing his pic, He got a new non AR crystal from jacksonte and it looks the mutts nuts .

p23303.jpg

You probably know all this already , The first thing is to get one with a black date wheel, the second is to get one with a tunnel strap and not some poor quality croc , the third thing I am interested in is the movement but also trying to find the roller CG lever might be hard.

Now the Gen is this

pict0207d.jpg

Now I have seen some reps with this type of movement but they were 47mm fiddy types and don't think there are any about still.

But its some fancy 3 barrel manual wind job

Watch Eden has this which is good value but I don't like this movement.

picphpx.jpg

but PWC was better though the same as the WE really but has a nicer look with this wheel

20100201234626.jpg

So now I get to my point, if the movement concerns you which it might me , it may be better to look at the 270 which as far as I can tell is nearly the same

00015207.jpg

But has this movement which is abit more like the rep version.

00015175.jpg

Im sure I saw a rep of that somewhere and now I cant find it

here is WE though, biut this has a pesky gold movement

270ish

People seem to b1tch and moan about the faults with these watches, I couldn't give a hoot about the GMT hand not working properly....... I've a few settable GMT's and it just a pain to set and another thing to stuff up, if it moves at 24hr pace thats fine by me.

At the end of the day it's a nice rep for around $180, I hope you get one and look forward to seeing some pictures of it and what you reckon its like.

Perhaps this bump might get some one to show theirs

Cheers

ST4

WoW mate your a star.

Thankyou I really appreciate the time you took to reply, Thanks :thumbsupsmileyanim:

To be honest I thought I might get some, not many, but some replies/photos.

The info you gave is really useful and certainly when I can find the right one I will pull the trigger. The idea of swapping the crystal is a good one assuming the crystal itself is better if not I would just remove the AR as I did with my DSN 217.

Unfortunately PWC wont seem to talk to me as I think I upset him replying to one of his curt messages when I bought from him, my fault.

The trouble I have had as you say in your post is finding the roller ball lever and right date wheel. I will have another search mate.

Thanks again mate, I really appreciate it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

No worries mate glad to help out and its sparked my interest in the 233/270's again. Though I've not dealt with PWC I've had the feeling that he might not be the easiest of dealers to work with and you have to follow his process or else!! Probably why he's not a recommended dealer here. Perhaps Sead might be an alternative I think he could find one.

I know there are a few rollerball reps out there but I can't seem to find one now. I guess its just a matter of finding a dealer who might swap them over for you or at least sell one on its own modify, all part of the game I guess.

So how did you get the AR off of your 217 , was it difficult? Removal of AR would be preferable to replacing the glass for sure.

I spoke to Nixx mate thanks. I have PM sead

To remove AR I first tried CC cloth then Acetone but none worked well. So I tried stainless steel polish and microfibre cloth came straight off - just do it in daylight to check its all off.

I didnt need to remove crystal from case. Just the movement was taken out for me. Plus SS polish doesnt harm any case finishings

I used SS polish on Chiefs and DSN and standard rep AR all came off no problem. But I should say this isnt a prep for redoing the AR. But you cannot see a trace in any light.

Thanks for that I may well do the same, what did Nix say about the roller ball

The 233 and 270 both come with roller ball lever from PWC and Sead. As you said 270 has better rep on movement. Both have tunnel strap but they are thin. Greyarea just bought one and will post pics this week, he loves it.

From what I saw of PWCs it needs CP mod, Pin polish and flatten and tighten, AR removed. Rotor arm noise apparently has been improved. The rest lower DWetc I can leave I reckon ;)

Wait to see what Sead says but asked if he could do mod. Found these nice gen shots

aggghhhh you and your pesky post, and PWc puts up a 270 today, it must be a sign. Might see if i can get one

ST4

LOL.... Let us know mate. Feedback seems to be for the sead model but I am still waiting to hear from him. I will let you know what he says

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've been looking at the 270's on watch eden's site and wondering about them as well. Any developments on this since you left off with it?

I think they are all pretty much of a muchness in that they are at the lower end of the rep spectrum

Not canal tat but not as good as we would hope. PeteM got in touch with Sead and I think even he said they were not that great.

I tried to order one through PWC but he's such a grumpy sod and his payment system was a ball ache I gave up.

I still wish I'd got one instead of the BP I ended up getting though and with eSlix's gen he posted earlier this week I want one even more. .

Take one for the team mate will you please? And then post it up you know you want to

I still wish I'd got one instead of the BP I ended up getting though and with eSlix's gen he posted earlier this week I

well if it is any consolation, the big pilot rep is miles ahead of any 233 reps in terms of accuracy (particularly if you decide to double AR the crystal). there are just too many complications on the 233 (power reserve, date, gmt, night/day indicator; not to mention the domed single AR crystal and open caseback) for a decent rep to get anywhere close.

just my $0.02 of course,

deltatahoe

well if it is any consolation, the big pilot rep is miles ahead of any 233 reps in terms of accuracy (particularly if you decide to double AR the crystal). there are just too many complications on the 233 (power reserve, date, gmt, night/day indicator; not to mention the domed single AR crystal and open caseback) for a decent rep to get anywhere close.

just my $0.02 of course,

deltatahoe

+1...

Yup I agree.

Don't even bother with the replica 270 or 233 - it looks very wrong IMO.

Many other great models you can mod slightly to be much more accurate.

Dude thats easy to say when you've got the gen sitting in your watch box but the rest of us poor minions would at least like pretend for a bit, dont rain on our parade please

I should probably stop by RWG more often. :) I just noticed this thread. Yeah.. the 233 is not a very accurate rep.. but will still give you an idea of what the gen will be like if you decide to go that route later. One thing the rep and gen have in common.. horribly sunken date wheels! LOL I really like my 233 from Sead. Normally the AR comes off really easily with a Cape Cod or the Stainless steel polish.. but the cheap purple rep AR on the 233 didn't come off for me. I ended up destroying the crystal in the process.. so I got the Jackson Tse crystal. I posted a 'how to' on replacing the crystal on the tutorial section on RG if you decide to get one and swap the crystal.

Look at this 'cheap' rep's crown guard! YUM!

pam233_03.jpg