When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My WM9 Sub Hybrid V2 Case with V3 Eta 2824

Tribal

Hello Gang,

after I received the V3 and I don't like the recessed Crown assembly and some other small issues

I experimented to put the Eta 2824 assembly in my V2 Case....

What can I say, it was an easy swap,The stem alligned centered (maybe why I installed a gen Tube on the Case)...

The Gen Insert is shaved and sits nice recessed on the Bezel and the best thing it snaps in no glue is needed.

So Specs are follow

V2 case also V2 Bezel

Eta 2824 movement,Dial,hands,etc...

Gen Insert

Gen Tube and Crown

Gen Crystal

shorted the CG's a bit

other SEL's with shaped and rounded middle link

Hollow midlinks

and WM9 Clasp

Here are the Pics

For me It looks better than the V3 Case ;)

Here are the Pics

Look how well BK centered the Datewheel

dsc032740922646.jpg

Gen Crown and Tube installed

dsc032750935836.jpg

Side view

dsc032770952908.jpg

Front view

dsc032780965677.jpg

Gen Crystal

dsc032801001767.jpg

Gen Insert

dsc032911120872.jpg

Crown position

dsc032780965677.jpg

Lume in daylight

dsc032961215236.jpg

installed Eta 2824 in the V2 Case

dsc032352409498.jpg

Other Shots

dsc032831028242.jpg

dsc032851039901.jpg

Forgive some dust and Fingerprints on the watch ;)

WOW,

That is one great watch. I really like what you have done to yours over the V3. The V3 is a very nice watch, but they have done the usual Rep thing 1 step forward, and if not two steps back, at least a couple sideways.You solved the 2 steps sideways and advanced several steps! Beautiful.

Boy would this one make them nervous over on TRF!!

WOW,

That is one great watch. I really like what you have done to yours over the V3. The V3 is a very nice watch, but they have done the usual Rep thing 1 step forward, and if not two steps back, at least a couple sideways.You solved the 2 steps sideways and advanced several steps! Beautiful.

Boy would this one make them nervous over on TRF!!

Thanks,

you are right step foward step back.

WM9 must do something about the recessed Crown for shure.

The V3 Bezel is a compromise in my opinion they shaped the bottom line

in that way that the crown don't touch the bezel.

But bezel teath are way off.

Also the SEL's are a step back.

All other is fine.

That looks sweet!!

As soon as my V3 conversion is finished I will update this post with my version and pics. List of gen parts on mine will be, gen bezel + gen insert, Gen crystal, gen crystal retainer, gen luminova dial, gen crown + crown tube and everything else will be V3 parts except bracelet which has smooth V1.5 SEL's and V3 band.

Well Tribal, it looks great now.

That looks sweet!!

As soon as my V3 conversion is finished I will update this post with my version and pics. List of gen parts on mine will be, gen bezel + gen insert, gen crystal retainer, gen luminova dial, gen crown + crown tube and everything else will be V3 parts except bracelet which has smooth V1.5 SEL's and V3 band.

Well Tribal, it looks great now.

Thanks watcher,

Can't wait to see your Sub.

With your Specs it will be a true piece of Art.

I love to see how the gen Tube solved the recessed look.

Tribal, you have got me wondering so I looked through my parts box and I have a V2 case. I've just spent half an hour stripping my V3 out and fitting a gen tube in the V2 case and voila! it fits fine and as you say there are no issues with the stem binding. The reason for this is that the internal diameter of the gen tube is bigger than WM9's tube so the stem has room to move without issue!

I have now decided that my franken will be as yours and fitted using the V2 case with the 2824 movement! Will keep you all posted on my progress!

Tribal, you have got me wondering so I looked through my parts box and I have a V2 case. I've just spent half an hour stripping my V3 out and fitting a gen tube in the V2 case and voila! it fits fine and as you say there are no issues with the stem binding. The reason for this is that the internal diameter of the gen tube is bigger than WM9's tube so the stem has room to move without issue!

I have now decided that my franken will be as yours and fitted using the V2 case with the 2824 movement! Will keep you all posted on my progress!

Great that it works also four you. Just an easy swap as I told before.

Believe me looks much better than the V3

So what all are "flaws" with the new V3? I've read there is a gap with the bracelet and lugs, the crown doesn't touch the case and the bezel paint isn't as smooth. Could any 16610 fanatic please help and advise me? Also, would you rather have the V2 or V3? Thanks guys!

maybe a question of taste.

The V3 is a great watch for shure.

The Eta 2824 instead of the 2876 is a nice update.

Both movements are good.

The flaws for me are the recessed Crown and the wrong shaped Bezel.

The gap between the SEL's and the Case is mostly solved.

But I don't like the new shape of the Sel.

The Insert is the V2 one I think it is not updated.

So it's your choice which modell you buy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

simply no!

I don't get it. I thought the screw hole in the V2 case would be slightly lower than the V3 case..making the tube and then the crown sit slightly lower.

I have a V3 and wouldn't mind doing this mod, but I like the height of the crown in my watch- want to keep it there.