When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My WM9 Sub Hybrid V2 Case with V3 Eta 2824

Tribal

I don't get it. I thought the screw hole in the V2 case would be slightly lower than the V3 case..making the tube and then the crown sit slightly lower.

I have a V3 and wouldn't mind doing this mod, but I like the height of the crown in my watch- want to keep it there.

its all marketing :)

sadly V2 has the better middle-case ....

but nobody will call you out wearing a WM9 1-3 Sub - if you handle it over its a different story ;)

cheers,

Frank

Here are a Gen Z-Series for comparsion

watches026.jpg

The crown position on the genuine article is quite different then on the WM9 case. In this pic, you can see how the case tube is just sitting proud on the top edge of the case. See how the top edge of the mid case is just below the case tube. Anyone have a pic of the V2 or V3 in similar position to make a comparison?

The crown position on the genuine article is quite different then on the WM9 case. In this pic, you can see how the case tube is just sitting proud on the top edge of the case. See how the top edge of the mid case is just below the case tube. Anyone have a pic of the V2 or V3 in similar position to make a comparison?

Pics from wm9, don't know which version

ROLEX-SUBMARINER-16610-ETA2678-13.jpg

ROLEX-SUBMARINER-16610-ETA2678-14.jpg

That's a v3, the v2 bezel has its angle (top) slope down too much.

Btw, how do you tell if your insert snapped in securely? my gen insert snapped but isn't recessed in the bezel.

post2.jpg

Edited by praetor

A 2836 will fit fine with the correct movement ring.

Thanks for reply watcher.. any reasons why the 2824 is preferred over the 2836? Transplanting either mvmt will require a fitting mvmt ring as well right?