When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep or Gen? Help appreciated :-)

kamber

Lol :D i'll have to research some more before i get a PAM then haha. If I like this one which is completely wrong, then a good copy I'm sure to love though.

Cheers guys.

crown and guard, crystal, case, subdial, date, just about every thing to be honest :thumbdown:

...what are the tells on this one mate?

The tells. Uhhhh.... Everything? :)

To start... The movement inside is a low grade Asian movement. You can tell by 1) the location/position of the seconds output (see how inboard towards the center of the dial it is? The watch this is trying to replicate is based on a 7750 movement, which would place the running seconds closer to the 9:00 marker, and the 3:00 and 9:00 indicies shouldn't even be present) and 2) the teeny tiny date font.

The dial is poorly done.

The crown is tiny.

CG is the wrong shape and too big; huge gap opening for the crown.

Caseback is incorrect/poorly done.

Compare to this one, which is a bit more faithful to the real deal.

13.jpg

:)

Yeah I see how the seconds are right near the center hand now! I guess this was supposed to be a PAM00104 then. Just looks impressive with the AR on it in RL.

Thanks now you pointed all those things out its glarringly obvious that the crown is teeny weeny and its even missing the "automatic" decal too.

Tell us more on it then mate.

Wheres it from, how much was the guy willing to pay you to take it away? ;)

Seriously whats the gen on it?

Its my MD's! and its sitting next to a Mont Blanc and a 100% genuine Oakley Tank watch. I'm guessing one of his mates in Thailand has given him the PAM and probably the MB, not actually seen a MB so thoughts on that one would be interesting too :-)

post-27069-126511856325_thumb.jpg

post-27069-126511857429_thumb.jpg

Its my MD's! and its sitting next to a Mont Blanc and a 100% genuine Oakley Tank watch. I'm guessing one of his mates in Thailand has given him the PAM and probably the MB, not actually seen a MB so thoughts on that one would be interesting too :-)

Have to say those watches mean nothing to me. But the PAM would be best staying on his desk :whistling: Unless of course your MD has a wobbly desk then it might help under one of the legs! :D

If you go on the search here and on Pinned stuff in RG PAM section you will find a rake of stuff on PAMs that will give you a basic understanding mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:.

Eeewwwwwww that's nasty. One fugly looking watch.

Tell him to put it in the draw of his desk and put it out of sight

Dont matter where you hide it that image would still haunt me!! The only thing for it is to :boat::plane::cc_scooter::hammer:=@:bye1:

The AR is also horrible..

AR means AnTI-REFLECTIVE>. if you can see yourself and your iphone in the relfection then it's not AR.. it's just colored glass...

it looks like they put blue celephane wrap on the inside of the crystal to turn it blue!! i can still see all refelections... Do some reading and get a good one! but not this one!

p.s. way to post here and get it straight before you bought that thing! :victory: