When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Membership Fee Survey

Admin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO RWG should limit access to dealers area if the member is not a supporter. He can let a newbiee preview the dealers area lets say for 10 days and after that if he dont upgate this area should me not visible.

Just that, i think people in order to contribute need to have a strong motive, I am a contributor here in TRC from the first time. but not everyone like me or the other RWG Supporters.

John

I've been an admin and moderator on several non-related boards for years, and this is an important and crucial decision on the part of the administrators. As expensive and time consuming it is to run a community (many have no idea how taxing it can be). An example is Admin's post. The alienation new registrants and non supporters means less sales to dealers, which in turn leads to, well, less money to RWG. they'll go somewhere else. Several things to consider; The boards main funding should come from the dealers. they are the benifactors of the membership. limiting acess to dealers to 'suporters' only will kill this board. As Edge stated Less than 8% of members are infact RWG suppoters. However, there should be a RWG private supporter area, offering deals extra support from the team,dealers,ect. I'm sure this will help increase supporting donations and keep this fantastic site alive and strong!

I'm off to the survey...

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey....fehvffl0p219642

:thumbs:

IMHO RWG should limit access to dealers area if the member is not a supporter. He can let a newbiee preview the dealers area lets say for 10 days and after that if he dont upgate this area should me not visible.

Just that, i think people in order to contribute need to have a strong motive, I am a contributor here in TRC from the first time. but not everyone like me or the other RWG Supporters.

John

Bad idea for dealers. They pay higher fee to sell here and it sucks if mod decides to limit access.

Bad idea for dealers. They pay higher fee to sell here and it sucks if mod decides to limit access.

The dealer fees is nothing compared to what traffic they get from the members, in what market you can advertise your product in a very specific audience that interest very much for the product you are selling with such a low fee such as the fee that our dealers are paying ?

And i say that new members should preview the dealers area for some days lets say a month so they will understand the value of this place...

but if admin and mods are not understand the value of this board what i can say to convince them.... :mellow:

dont get me wrong, i think this place is saving us a lot of money so everyone should give a small contribution.

Iam a guy that uses the internet many years now and iam used in the free this and free that, warez, free programs, free music free everything in the internet selfish generation.. and now i am supporting a paid membership why ?? i think its worth it and if other members dont believe so they can be here but with limited access..

John

The dealer fees is nothing compared to what traffic they get from the members, in what market you can advertise your product in a very specific audience that interest very much for the product you are selling with such a low fee such as the fee that our dealers are paying ?

Definitely not the case for the small dealers.

I ve heard two small dealers saying that they don't want to pay the fee at RWG/TRC as they don't get much sales through RWG, also considering that RWI is free. One of the dealer even told me that he doesn't want to sell replicas anymore. The profit margin is shrinking and buyers are expecting more and more.

Big Dealers are setting up websites, so they don't have to rely on the forums.

Definitely not the case for the small dealers.

I ve heard two small dealers saying that they don't want to pay the fee at RWG/TRC as they don't get much sales through RWG, also considering that RWI is free. One of the dealer even told me that he doesn't want to sell replicas anymore. The profit margin is shrinking and buyers are expecting more and more.

Big Dealers are setting up websites, so they don't have to rely on the forums.

... Non RWG Supporters will not be able to PM or Email others via the Forum :g: ... how about this ???

John

Wonder if the board code supports it?

A quick change to user group permisions, but it'll disable all PM's for the group. Thats the way it is for Vbulletin, not sure if its the same for Invision boards.

... I told ajoesmith already on TRC that his Avatar is distracting me from work...

same.... its hypnotic