When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ocean Racer Strap

jc0515

I'm looking for an Ocean Racer strap for a couple of my gen Breitlings...can't see paying 500 for a gen rubber strap. I remember reading that there were issues with the clasps falling apart, or just not usable after a very short time.

1) Have the clasps been changed? Is this still an issue? ...or was that post an isolated case?

2) I've had good success dealing with Andrew in the past. Does everyone pretty much have the same strap? ...I see where the Silix one looks like a friction and not push-button.

3) Are the clasps really push-button, or just friction with 'ornamental' push-buttons?

4) I was thinking about getting both Black & Blue. Any dealers just sell the strap? ...don't think I need two clasps.

5) How comfortable is the rubber? Do you still have to boil them to soften them up?

Thanks in advance.

I picked one up from Andrew. It functions like gen, and overall is very good.

The one word of warning: when CLOSING the clasp on your wrist, keep the buttons PRESSED IN. If you don't and let simply press it in and let it CLICK it can/will jam on you.

HTH

Thanks to all for responding. If Andrew was still able to take PP, it would have been purchased last night.

I think the only one still accepting PP is ETZ.. hope you can get it delivered before 2011 though.. :rolleyes:

I order through Joshua.. if you want I can order it and have it shipped to you and you can PP me ..just a thought