When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We've had a shower of rain!

offshore

Here in "sunny" Oz, we have had a wee shower of rain over the weekend.

A tropical cyclone, galloping around up north, sent its tail to the Gold Coast with a little sting in it.

This footage from the local river (1 km away) shows this normally placid river in full flight, after 360mm, (thats over 7" of rain in the old terms) fell in the preceding 24 hours.

Hope that link works, I'm not all that proficient with this stuff!

As I was previously involved in the marine industry, and latterly in the pontoon and dock biz...I look at all this and see many $ needed to fix all of this.

Quite amazing footage, for anyone who understands the ramifications of boats loose in these situations. (not to mention the marinas and pontoons downstream from this!)

Offshore

why werent they tied down!?? Crazy video. Was the guy in the jetski going after the big boat to try to board it!?

In a lot of cases they were!

The current literally tore pontoons, and whole marinas away from their moorings, along with the boats.

No I don't think he would be trying to board it...unless he had the keys...was the owner....and knew his insurance wasn't currentrolleyes.gif

O/S