When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Wood Machinists Chest

redwatch

Got really lucky this weekend. Found a beautiful 8 drawer wood machinists chest on craigslist for $30.00! It's in great condition. The previous owner used it for storing Darts & Accessories. Hardly used, and surprisingly no dart tip holes in the felt.

Here's a few pics:

DSC_0933-1.jpg

DSC_0934.jpg

DSC_0930-1.jpg

Add to this the new tools from Watchbitz and I'm all set for my time zone watch making course!

Oh and the watchmakers bench is well under way.

Thanks guys. I'm extremely happy with my new find!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Highoey - nice job! So what sort of bits and bobs can you see in there?? Let's test your knowledge :D

Lets see here:

I can see some parts trays, bezel remover, loupe visor, blower bulb, ball case back remover, oyster type caseback remover, presto hand remover, UV adhesive, movement holder, case vise holder, hand presser, soft polishing cloth, maybe some glow paint, and a soft movement pad?

Yup....a little shopping from down under to complete the set. Yes, it is a sapphire kit. @ Highhoey - almost correct. No UV glue in the kit yet. Sapphire polishing kit from watchbitz. Also no hand presser in the kit (unless you are referring to the Horotec in the background). But pretty good! Especially from the distance that I took the picture!

Almost bought the Harbor Freight set. Went to look at it but then found the one on craigslist and couldn't turn that deal down! :D

• 1 month later...