When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs "Hit List" ?

mochishiro

Just got a gunny strap from indonesia and it has nice green tape on the outside indicating it had been opened and inspected by customs. I've noticed that the last 4 packages that I received have gone through customs inspection in Honolulu.

I was receiving packages fine without inspection until one of my purchases was held up in customs and required a 'proof of purchase' at the end of December. I faxed a copy of my paypal receipt for $90 for a used Daytona. Received the watch the next day - no problems, no extra duty to pay or anything (declared value was $40). Since then, all my packages seem to be getting inspected.

Am I now on some kind of 'watch' (haha) list? Just wondering how customs decides which packages to inspect?

Honolulu Customs are very strict, that's why we're lucky to have China parcels go through the West Coast..

expect everything you order from Thailand and Honk Kong to be opened and inspected.

if your ordering from DSN out of Honk Kong.. it's best to find someone in CONUS that can accept the delivery and forward it..

believe me .. I'm talking from experience.

Don't dare order gen gator and expect to get it unless it goes to the Mainland first for customs..

in the past couple of years we have some new blood in customs that is determined not to let anything pass.

on another note if your from Honolulu.. WELCOME.. nice to have another Local blah on board :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

thanks for you advice. realized will have to focus on CONUS deals and dealers - that's why it was nice to learn that josh ships from CONUS.

i order a bunch of stuff from hong kong (not just watches). had a high power green laser pointer confiscated a last year(am sure they are having fun playing with that one). i guess i've been lucky they haven't taken any watches.

great to have a 'local' resource like you - lucky we live hawaii!

diamondhead.jpg

taken during 'snowmageddon 2010'

Honolulu Customs are very strict, that's why we're lucky to have China parcels go through the West Coast..

expect everything you order from Thailand and Honk Kong to be opened and inspected.

if your ordering from DSN out of Honk Kong.. it's best to find someone in CONUS that can accept the delivery and forward it..

believe me .. I'm talking from experience.

Don't dare order gen gator and expect to get it unless it goes to the Mainland first for customs..

in the past couple of years we have some new blood in customs that is determined not to let anything pass.

on another note if your from Honolulu.. WELCOME.. nice to have another Local blah on board :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

thanks for you advice. realized will have to focus on CONUS deals and dealers - that's why it was nice to learn that josh ships from CONUS.

i order a bunch of stuff from hong kong (not just watches). had a high power green laser pointer confiscated a last year(am sure they are having fun playing with that one). i guess i've been lucky they haven't taken any watches.

great to have a 'local' resource like you - lucky we live hawaii!

diamondhead.jpg

taken during 'snowmageddon 2010'

If Josh or any other dealer ships from China your fine... it goes through Conus first.. LA is the best,.. SOF .. can delay it at times..

the shot from Ala Moana is my old.. Surf Spot.. "Concessions" and "Big Rights".. "Courts once in a while and "Bowls on the other side when it got bigger..hahaa.. the memories.. still got ma Aipa Sting.. won't ever sell that one... B)

Holla out brah, if you need an assist.. Omni is one of the Ole Skool members here and he resides on Maui.. Palani is another .. he's a town guy too.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

funny thing is that when i sent them my paypal receipt for $90 all was good. guess $40 for rolex daytona is way too cheap, but $90 much more reasonable... haha, ever wonder what goes through the minds of these guys working in customs?

Read higher in this thread and you will see that they wanted a receipt of sale for the "used Rolex Daytona" since the stated value on the package was $40

I suspect the blacklist depends on whether or not you have something confiscated going through customs as a package mailed to you as opposed to having something confiscated when you go through customs.Items confiscated from travelers result in them being put on a "Search every time" basis, at least until they check you a few times and don't find anything. These are name and possibly passport number based.Mailed Packages confiscated, that lead to you being blacklisted, are probably address driven. That's why it is necressary to use alternate means of delivery destinations, either having the package sent to a friend, relative, girlfriend, etc. Of course in doing that should another package get confiscated, it could lead to them being placed on the customs blacklist as well. Probably better to use a P.O box, or one of those private mailboxes to receive replica watches, etc.