When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM253 pictorial

plaifender

As some of you might know Obtaining the perfect pam253 is one of my goals for 2010. Our dear friend Francisco (here in spain) has been working on a few of my beloveds.. one of which was my pam 253 V3. He serviced the movement and painted the chrono second hand a very brilliant shade of blue.

When I opened the package i almost peed my pants from excitement. It looks GREAT! VERY VERY CLOSE to GEN :thumbsupsmileyanim: . Overall I'm VERY happy with the results and couldn't have asked for anyone better to mod my watch. THANK YOU FRANCISCO! :drinks: (drinks on me next time i'm in valencia!)

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

So here's the before:

IMG_3849.jpg

Gen Pic Francisco worked from:

Panerai_PAM_243_I_Regatta_Flyback_c.jpg

And currently:

destrapped on the dining table

IMG_1308.jpg

rubber strap pics

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

On GEN carbon fiber:

IMG_1303.jpg

strap thanks to SWDIVAD:

IMG_1304.jpg

Changing straps out... (jeopardy music playing..)

IMG_1311.jpg

Toscana Carbon Fiber with blue stitching: (thanks for the inspiration from your V2 Lani... I tried to be different, but in the end.. this just looked too good)!! :pardon:

IMG_1317.jpg

Over the balcony... don't worry i won't drop it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1324-1.jpg

IMG_1328-1.jpg

Pocket peeking....

IMG_1346-1.jpg

IMG_1347-1.jpg

last one I promise:

IMG_1355-1.jpg

So that's it. For now it's gonna stay a Lani copycat and stay on the Toscana strap. I realize the color's not perfect to GEN but for not being able to have a gen watch next to him Francisco nailed it in my opinion. This issue was one of the most biggest for me on this V3 rep and it's finally fixed! I'm ok with the glaring CG flaw but the next move will be the sapphire crystal if we can get them fabricated!

Thanks for lookin guys!

Comments are always welcome! :victory:

Your happy board member,

pLai

P.S. sorry about the crappy title, I wanted to change it but I guess it's too late. Oh well!

Nice job mate certainly a massive improvement on the dark blue we get on the OTB rep.

As you say the CG is the big bug, I did see a correct rep CG on an homage watch without Chrono buttons I tried to get the guy to tell me where he got it but he wouldnt reply!!! Even had correct REG TM as well as shape.

Congats mate

Comments are always welcome! :victory:

Your happy board member,

pLai

I love this model plai!! Its one of my favourite dials.....Is this the one in franciscos tutorial about the blue seconds hand? He did a great job....Looks beautiful on the matching blue stitched strap and on the wrist. Enjoy it in good health...... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I love this model plai!! Its one of my favourite dials.....Is this the one in franciscos tutorial about the blue seconds hand? He did a great job....Looks beautiful on the matching blue stitched strap and on the wrist. Enjoy it in good health...... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks alot osrep. Yes, this is the watch that francisco photographed in his "tutorial". He's a class act and does it all for the love of watchmaking. You'll see more of this baby. I'm planning on getting a better camera and starting to work with photoshop this year.. so the photos should only get better! thanks again :)

Looks great Plai. Love it on the Carbon Fiber Toscana strap thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks a lot D! Lani is pretty much responsible for that one. I honestly tried pretty hard for a few days to find a better looking strap with blue stitching for deployant... and ended up having to steal lani's idea...

Where the hell is lani anyways???.. it always worries me when he doesn't chime in.. almost as if something were missing.... :whistling:

Beautiful watch and nice gen strap :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have to say that Lani's advice really paid off though... that's a super combo!

My watchmaker 'lost' my 212... really miss it, but this would be my choice as a replacement for sure

Wear it well :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have to say that Lani's advice really paid off though... that's a super combo!

My watchmaker 'lost' my 212... really miss it, but this would be my choice as a replacement for sure

Thanks swdivad, I thought you might appreciate that strap ;)

A right good looker for sure that Hand is very striking and that Tosc is a winner.

Wear it well

ST4

Thanks a lot Storm! I'm pleased with the results. Once we get sapphire crystals for this... I'll be an even happier camper!

Congrats R.. nice to see the project completed :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the pics of my 253 you requested ahwile ago.. I posted them.. you may of missed them ..

with the 2 straps we discussed..

pam253flyback004x.jpg

pam253flyback009.jpg

my AR'd crystal is supposed to be on it's way to Hawaii, and in April the 212 will be available again..

the 253 and 212 are definitely 2 of my fave Pams..

Live Strong and Wear it Well R

AC/Lani

Congrats R.. nice to see the project completed :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the pics of my 253 you requested ahwile ago.. I posted them.. you may of missed them ..

with the 2 straps we discussed..

pam253flyback004x.jpg

pam253flyback009.jpg

my AR'd crystal is supposed to be on it's way to Hawaii, and in April the 212 will be available again..

the 253 and 212 are definitely 2 of my fave Pams..

Live Strong and Wear it Well R

AC/Lani

So you decided to get your mineral crystal ARed?? doesn't the AR color come out yellowed on mineral crystal? :g:

So you decided to get your mineral crystal ARed?? doesn't the AR color come out yellowed on mineral crystal? :g:

Hopefully it'll just have a blue hue or tint to it.. my dealer was in GZ and tried to arrange it with the factory for me.. we'll see.. I may have to wait until April for hte 212 to be restocked.. but the last message was that the AR'd glass would be shipped out from the factory.. I'm leaving an open mindset to the outcome..

That's an awesome project. I might be inspired to try to air brush my hand if I could find the right blue. I did get lucky with my CG however. The pin holes are often rough on the standard reps and no amount of pin refinishing will help. This one had a nice tight fit. I just worked the CG to a satin finish with 1200 grit sand paper and flattened/polished the pin. Looks pretty decent IMO. Best luck I've had yet with plain rep CGs.

mb1v00.jpg

slightly different angle:

6ptchl.jpg

...and here's a not very good shot of a gen 212 I took through the window at an AD

25z2po9.jpg

Can't wait to see how the 253 crystal run turns out.

• 2 months later...