When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Local celeb wearing a Daytona...

Guest Sql_pl

Yesterday our local media started to make a huge deal about one of our less know celeb wannabes showing up somewhere wearing an expensive Rolex watch. A lot of discussion arised about how, from whom etc.

I have to say looking at those pics the answer to al above is pretty easy :)

4bci51qmhiigki.jpg

z7574526X.jpg

What do you say?

I must admit SEL look VERY good and that's the thing that got me tricked for a small second. But then, it looks like 3 and 9 hour subdial pins are in line between 3 and 9 markers and they should not be. I also believe pushers are too long, bezel seems to be not flat enough.

And how can you walk around with crown not screwed in?

Maciek

Was the original photo as low resolution?

Well I enlarged the watch to make further investigation easier. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Looks definitely fake to me. Look at '10 and '2 hour markers (way too far from the '9 and '3 subdials) and the cg's. This watch is probably a cheap A21J.

eiwjmw.jpg

Genuine:

daytona2no0.jpg

Thanks a lot guys.

I also posted that in our local gen forum and boy these guys are annoying. They clearly know nothing. They keep saying you cannot tell from such picture and I have shitty attitude assuming it was fake as it can clearly be genuine as well.

What a bunch of loosers.

That's why I love you guys - you always know your stuff!!!

But this is still not the most amazing rep Tona spotting.

We have this Chronos magazine here and one issue had interview with a watch collector talking about his Mullers, Rolexes etc etc.

You would never believe what he had on in huge full page picture.

24kn.jpg

:)

But this is still not the most amazing rep Tona spotting.

We have this Chronos magazine here and one issue had interview with a watch collector talking about his Mullers, Rolexes etc etc.

You would never believe what he had on in huge full page picture.

24kn.jpg

:)

Now that's gotta be way embarrassing. Published in full print, specifically in a watch publication and discussing his collection.

Sad.

Yeah not to mention his attitude. He loves his Daytona but hates how this oversized crown tends to damage his shirt cuffs so he needs to remember to buy dozen new ones each time he visits London or Rome.

4bci51qmhiigki.jpg

I agree with the others - definite fake. However, since women are known to view watches solely as jewelry, they can pull off a fake without losing face. As a matter of point, a couple of years ago, I gave a female friend a hideously bad Daytona rep (there is a thread with pics floating around here somewhere) & she loves & wears it everywhere. Just about anyone here would cringe at the sight of it, but most men do not judge women by their watches. And since the dial says 'Rolex' & the case is sufficiently blingly, it more than satisfies the average feline.

24kn.jpg

Hard to tell, but this 1 looks gen to me.

You are absolutely correct, Ubi. Those things are quite clear in that picture & I should have seen them. :bangin:

Thing is that I have gotten into the habit of looking, 1st, at the subdial pinion alignment when viewing 1165xx Daytonas. If that appears to be correct, I sometimes make the call & move on. I will have to be more careful in future.