When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NooB saying "Hello" - Confessions of a Watch Addict (Modem Melter)

Guest SammyM

Hello All :D

So after lurking here for literally YEARS, I figured hey, why not become a little more social, right? lol.

Ok - this is best done in picture format :) First off - I am one Giant WIS! lol, quite the junkie I have to admit. To make a long story short, at one point and time in my recent past I did exceptionally well financially. PRIOR to my $350/hr attorney and my now (thank GOD) divorce last year. Ok, so back then? I owned all of these, all GEN, all not a once, lol, but at one point I had 2 Rolex and 4 Panerai, a bunch of Seiko's, an Omega, a Sinn - you get the idea...I call this pic "The Girls I Have Loved Before"...

AlltheGirls.jpg

Well, they all went - legal bills, I started my own company, you name it. BUT - this is where you all come in - I still was a watch freak, was in NYC on Canal Street just walking around, saw the Reps, and bought this (Gone, piece of junk but, you get where I'm going :thumbsupsmileyanim: )...

IMG_0180.jpg

THEN, I search and search and become obsessed with all things Rep. Truth is, not back where I was but could buy a real PAM if I wanted to....NOT! Why??? lol. Ok, here is how they came in....

Have this still, love it...

427Plymouth.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

Sold this, too big for me...

6.jpg

This I had for a bit, then decided no...

IMG_0184.jpg

Ahhhh,,,, then I fell in LOVE...This watch I LOVE....(Did what little work - plexi scratch, etc, case, filing down links, myself but otherwise stock)...

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Finally, just got this in within the last 3 weeks or so - it is AWESOME! NooB factory, movement upgrade but that is it,,,love it....

IMG00102-20100220-0921.jpg

IMG00103-20100220-0922.jpg

IMG00105-20100220-0924.jpg

SO - to close all this, lol, first thing: THANK YOU ALL, I've read and researched and googled done it all - thank you ALL for your input, posts, everything. Second - OK, this is hard for someone such a PAM geek at one point and time BUT - I LOVE ROLEX! There, I said it, 40mm and all, lol! Posting some random pam items up, have a 111E (rep) to go as well, etc. Done.

BUT - Mooooooooooooooore Rolex are coming this way 4 sure! lol.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN,

Sammy

Welcome, Sammy.

Like you, I was, at 1 time, a big Panny fan, but my love affair with bloated time began in the late 20th century & ended around 9/11 (no relevancy to that date/event, just timing). I guess I got in & then got out before they became a big cult fashion. Anyway, my (serious) interest in watches (& reps) began some quarter century ago (there is a thread floating around here somewhere with pics of 1 of my late 80s Rolex reps (1 of the 1st available with an ETA (as opposed to cheap no-name Asian movement)). Since then, I have pretty much been centered on vintage Rolex. Classic designs, with ever-increasing values, that we will still be wearing (& lusting after) for decades to come.

Thanks Fred, addicts stick together, lol. I agree COMPLETELY with what you said re; Rolex....Somewhere along the way I became a "watch snob" for lack of a better phrase - not "Rolex!" - they are mass-produced, not made by "Hand", blah, blah. How wrong was I? lol!

Actually thinking of splurging on a Gen Tudor Snowflake - LOVE them, drool? Uhhhh, yup :Jumpy:

Oh, and maybe rebuying a Gen Omega Seamaster - no PO, the real-deal Bond Blue dial 007 - 2531.84 I think? Was my first "real watch" and quite frankly I've missed it the most...funny. Amazing quality in the ole'Omegas - lol and back THEN - I, admittedly so now, so young then - thought an Omega was no way near the quality and the "name" of the other brands I've owned/lusted. Dumb. Omega rocks - in house, history, etc. Why??

Oh well Fred, chalk it up to youth! lol!

Cheers,

Sammy

Welcome Sammy from a fellow New Englander. Looks like you have some nice Panerai AD swag up for sale thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think we all wandered in here with one brand in mind and some have settled and others are still multi-brand oriented...

I'm a mix of Panerai, Vintage Rolex and others (IWC)

Have fun and welcome to RWG welcomeani.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Thats quite a collection, both of reps and gens :good: I had to sell my rep collection to finance my wedding a year ago, and am still trying to work my way to a financial position where I can start indulging the addiction again...

Welcome finally .. :lol:

We have an intro section ... fyi..

for future posting we have "brand forums" and a general discussion section.. and a Raffle section.. the last one should be checked out :1a:

Holla if you need an assist ..

AC/Lani

Thats quite a collection, both of reps and gens :good: I had to sell my rep collection to finance my wedding a year ago, and am still trying to work my way to a financial position where I can start indulging the addiction again...

welcome here, and a real great collection :)

and to you my friend T, i can speak for me only but i dont think im alone with this point :) im a singel man (girls here and there ;) ) and thats because i didnt find the right one for a wedding.. but i tell you this,for the right one, i would sell more then only my watches to make the one happy who makes me happy :)

you did the right thing my friend...

and you know what? comes time ..comes watch.. maybe sooner then you think :whistling:

and to you my friend T, i can speak for me only but i dont think im alone with this point :) im a singel man (girls here and there ;) ) and thats because i didnt find the right one for a wedding.. but i tell you this,for the right one, i would sell more then only my watches to make the one happy who makes me happy :)

you did the right thing my friend...

and you know what? comes time ..comes watch.. maybe sooner then you think :whistling:

Thanks, bro, absolutely, although there are certainly some watches which I miss, I don't regret selling the collection at all, as it really was worth it :) I'll be sure to keep an eye on the post :lol::good::drinks: