When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watches with Super Super Super Thick crystals

plaifender

Saw a watch peeking through a guys shirt cuff this morning on the metro. It was familiar looking. the crystal was seriously about 1/2 inch protruding above the bezel. It seriously looks like half of an egg sitting on top of his bezel. It was a vintage style diving watch I'm sure. But i can't seem to find it on here now that i'm searching. It's been irking me all day, since i can't figure out what kind of watch it was and don't recall where i saw one similar on here. I think i remember an old rolex with a crazy crystal like that. Any clues? The crystal is plexi i'm sure.. Suggestions welcome..

Thanks guys!

pLai :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well im not in a contest here! but george loiz just finished replacing my 1665 comex sub i dident like the superdome that came with this watch, to much distortion, so he cut me a new crystal 5mm thick (flat)with beveled edge and made a new stainless steel crystal retaining ring!

post-27094-126729785643_thumb.jpg post-27094-126729796061_thumb.jpg

Well im not in a contest here! but george loiz just finished replacing my 1665 comex sub i dident like the superdome that came with this watch, to much distortion, so he cut me a new crystal 5mm thick (flat)with beveled edge and made a new stainless steel crystal retaining ring!

post-27094-126729785643_thumb.jpg post-27094-126729796061_thumb.jpg

Hey AEROMATIC...thanks a 1.000.000 for posting my work on your loving COMEX.Oh yes!...i saw that love on your face :bow_arrow: Great pics especialy of t pearl closeup that looks like a prefried egg...great..............n don't forget...the one who drowns,wearing a rolly,knows the exact time of his death.By t way...how's your back? :wheelchair: my arm is still killing me :cry:

Hey AEROMATIC...thanks a 1.000.000 for posting my work on your loving COMEX.Oh yes!...i saw that love on your face :bow_arrow: Great pics especialy of t pearl closeup that looks like a prefried egg...great..............n don't forget...the one who drowns,wearing a rolly,knows the exact time of his death.By t way...how's your back? :wheelchair: my arm is still killing me :cry:

yes you did a super fine job! when you recover i will get you to make me tropic 19 style for my 5512 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i want it 6mm thick(love tall crystals) with slightly more curve/beveled edge i give you my t-19 as a pattern! i cant go round with a cracked crystal on a divers watch!

yes you did a super fine job! when you recover i will get you to make me tropic 19 style for my 5512 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i want it 6mm thick(love tall crystals) with slightly more curve/beveled edge i give you my t-19 as a pattern! i cant go round with a cracked crystal on a divers watch!

All in due time if we believe that anything can b fixed...even we need fixing :console: