When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Adopted Family - Daytonas

Watchmeister

Some watches you build. And some watches you adopt. In the case of my little Daytona collection they were adopted from the watch smiths themselves when they wanted to move onto new projects.

My first child:

The Palpatine Daytona: This one dates back to the days when Palpatine was actively working on Rolexes. In his day he was one of the original innovators and a provider of many wonderful projects including the now infamous Panerai Palp crowns. This particular seconds at 6 was his daily wearer and considered state of the art. Hey, it still keeps accurate time and the chronos reset. :)

DSCN0375.jpg

DSCN0377.jpg

The Second Child:

The Ubi DW Daytona: One of Ubi's first Daytona projects well preceding his incredible 16520 frankens. Ubi put a lot of time and effort into this one a few years ago. I had to wait a couple of years but with him it is only a matter of time before he finds that next "have to do" project. This is one of the first generation DW's with mystery movement. And in a testament to Ubi and Ziggy it is still keeping beautiful time. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSCN1167.jpg

And the New Pride and Joy -

The legendary Ubi 16520. :notworthy: There is not much I can say that hasn't other than to say it is really that good and I am so excited to have the opportunity to wear it. In a sea of 44mm daily wearers this is the one smaller watch that gets weekly wear. Ubi's prior pictures do this beautiful piece much better justice but I did have to add a couple with it on my wrist. :lol:

DSCN1150.jpg

DSCN1157-1.jpg

Thanks for the kind thoughts. As most people who know me will attest, it is not about the particular piece. It is about the journey behind it. Whether it was trying to cheer up Palp when in despair over the loss of his mother a few years ago, sharing a pizza with madasbooot plotting a vintage 2 years in the making, egging Ubi onto that next project over dinner in his hometown or begging Ziggy to try another one of my stupid ideas all the fun is in the journey. Gotta run now. My wife is giving me the evil eye. I think I see snow shoveling in my immediate future. :lol: