When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Dealers Have The Vintage Pam With The Engraved "kampf Schwimmer" On The Case Back?

fitmic

i remember there was one member that engraved his rep...and it was not a wachmaster rep...he just did the engravings on his own...and i don't remember if it was posted on this forum or somewhere else...check the forums with the sear button...i haven't got time right now...and if i find the pics on my laptop i'll post them...

I've never dealt with watchmaker.

Is there a way to contact him?

You could contact WM over at TRC...

If you would like to have the engravings you should go to an engraver and let it do as custom job i know two members who did it that way...

i remember there was one member that engraved his rep...and it was not a wachmaster rep...he just did the engravings on his own...and i don't remember if it was posted on this forum or somewhere else...check the forums with the sear button...i haven't got time right now...and if i find the pics on my laptop i'll post them...

Yupp one of them had been Kasi...

Link to TRC thread - seems pics aren't working

hi,

i have a book which illustrates the markings in several different manners..bear in mind that these markings were add ons to commemorate "time as a combat swimmer" and the originals had no issuance markings on the back..seems it would be an easy job for any jeweler/engraver.....if you want i can scan them to you,

kin tama

post-2605-1158240358_thumb.jpg

sir ubi,

a compliment from the master himself!..i truly appreciate the comment and to let you in on the secret that i build my wire lugs from vintage bicycle baskets...here is another style of kampfschwimmer engravings for digestion of the group mind....zur erinnerung an meine kampfschwimmerzeit 1945 (commemorating my time as a combat swimmer 1945.........kin tama

post-2605-1158242068_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
...here is another style of kampfschwimmer engravings for digestion of the group mind....zur erinnerung an meine kampfschwimmerzeit 1945 (commemorating my time as a combat swimmer 1945.........kin tama

post-2605-1158242068_thumb.jpg

Illustrating that these ingravings are usually Post-War!

The Kriegsmarine was to clever to to use give-away inscriptions for there Behind Enemy lines Commandos.

The Kampfschwimmer Watch had no inscriptions at all (Exept on the Rolex movement)

• 1 month later...

Davidsen just added those today.

Like Tropic said, these engraves were added after the war, and varied per individual. The Keller group kampfschwimmers probably have the most famous engravings, but there were ones done by Italians too.

IMHO, I like to go after originality. Which would be no case back markings for the Germans.

There are many Italian military issued Panerais that have case back engravings. Usually a squad code such as SMZ and a number, which was most likely the watch number for that division.

However, there is a bit of arguement when they were engraved. Some argue that they were not engraved until after the war, as some watches were supposidly used through the 1970s. But even if they were not engraved until after the war, I prefer authentic military markings.

Just my $0.02

You may want to visit Paneristi. Ferretti, one the premier vintage watch dealers and Panerai experts has an article on Panerai caseback engravings/codes . http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/mess...4/back+engraved

post-3363-1162719591_thumb.jpgpost-3363-1162719789_thumb.jpgpost-3363-1162719551_thumb.jpg

you may be referring to me. i have a caseback at a friends as we type and he is engraving with a CNC mill. I will post pics when he returns it to me.

Edited by PunkJr