When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has Anyone Tried Submersing The SuperOcean?

Tressles61

The rep factories' initial claim that it's "guaranteed water resistant to 1000 feet" is just laughable. I mean, that's GOTTA be a joke. It's a well built rep but still a rep without decent quality control.

Don't take your reps into the water before testing them properly. Most (non-chrono) reps survive swimming just alright but you never know. Crystal can be leaky, caseback isn't tightly shut, etc.

Actually I don't take my gens into the water, either. There's no point doing that, imho.

I shower with my SOSF and my DSSD on alternating days. The natural oils from your body really dull the steel so they look amazing when you get out and dry them off.

These watches have been serviced and I am certain they are waterproof. I can not guarantee your watch is waterproof.

I shower with my SOSF and my DSSD on alternating days. The natural oils from your body really dull the steel so they look amazing when you get out and dry them off.

These watches have been serviced and I am certain they are waterproof. I can not guarantee your watch is waterproof.

i'd just wiped them clean after each time i wear time and they look shiny after that. :) i wouldn't risk showering with them cos mine's not been serviced/waterproofed as yet.

Wouldn't submerse it at all unless you have it pressure tested. I'm also sure that no amount of normal work to that watch will ever allow it to survive 1000m! The genuine yes.. the rep... NO :whistling:

Any ideas on where to get a rep pressure tested? I went by a local watch shop yesterday and inquired about a service and what the $$$ would be. He said between $200.00 and $300.00. I was stunned.

Any ideas on where to get a rep pressure tested? I went by a local watch shop yesterday and inquired about a service and what the $ would be. He said between $200.00 and $300.00. I was stunned.

That is insane. Most places do it for free, if you buy something, or the most I have seen was $35. If you are in the CONUS, find a "Fast Fix It" type of place at the mall.

Any ideas on where to get a rep pressure tested? I went by a local watch shop yesterday and inquired about a service and what the $$$ would be. He said between $200.00 and $300.00. I was stunned.

That's ridiculous. If they have the equipment it's a test that takes less than 5 minutes... They just put it in vacuum basically to see if it's keeps pressure. It shouldn't be that much just to get it tested.. Maybe the price he gave you was for a full movement servicing with testing included????? :g:

you can buy one to own forever from watchbitz for about that price... I wouldnt shower with a rep or gen, soap and shampoo is very caustic to rubber and oils

I would be plain astonished if Ivory Soap could eat through the seals on my DSSD in the 5yr interim between servicings.

I'll keep you apprised of the situation. :boat:

You asked for a service., not a pressure test. That's the going rate for a service on a movement with him probably.