When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nooby's LH 219 comes to pappa!

tanya

My Bud, Blane-io's, 219 just showed up at my doorstep. Nooby has been a great friend here and among a couple of others here I value his opinions as if they were chisled into stone tablets. So when he told me he was going to be selling his 219 I had to grab it before any of the rest of you got your filthy unappreciative mits on it!!

This baby has it all!!!!!!

refinished LH 112-219 dial with the perfect matte texture (this is also the first time I have seen LH's updated dial with correct creme-ivory colored Panerai font and I have to say it is spot on to the gen)

Perfect LH refinished CG - nice gen snap

T-48

DSN's best newest case with good subtle lt. AR

Best Swiss Rep Pam movement available with near perfect officine panerai fonts and good bridgework (the classic one with the incorrect Novadiac shock),

And promptly mounted on a Mario Paci that I have treated in copious amounts of mink oil for the last 3 weeks

And best of all now subject to my [censored] poor photoskills

destro.jpg

Proud to own a superpiece owned by two of my buds! Forgot R owned it first!

Tightened up the lever with my gorilla glue mod and now not only does it snap tight like my gens but there is very little movement when open

Love this watch!

I love this phenomenon of frankens passing on from one member to another appreciative one. Mine go to other members and they disappear never to be seen again. :g: Wait a minute, that's my own fault. I always pass them on with the condition of a ROFR if they re-sell. :bangin:

T-

That 219 is looking great. Wear it well. I also know you have a fair number of gens so this one has to be phenomenal if you are wearing it. We are either kindred spirits or fellow idiots. :lol:

Really beautiful watch!!!

Please tell me if DSN has lifted his game in the case department... Before, I had to use only DSN lug screws and CGs... Has he changed the cases to be more standard?

Well I don't know if all his cases are better but this one sure is!! I think it's rather hit or miss as far as all of the case makes go. No more Jimmy Fu = a whole lot of mediocre or at best some decent stuff that needs modding to work. For Simon pre-V builds I, Avitt and others have had excellent luck with the Jackson-Getat cases and they are only $30.00. But they do require filing down the rather long crown tubes. For most of Davidson's better cases with his new better sapphires I understand that a bit of sanding is required on inproved CG's (V-Sead_LH-Toro_Gen) to get the feet to fit the side of the case. however the old problem of better cg's screw holes not lining up right on a davidsen case are gone (at least with this one) For The Ultimate cases which some have turned into manual wind cases the crown tube is far too short and requires the long stem extra gasket trick to get the crown profile right and any proper fit with a better cg. So they all have their flaws. This one is pretty damn nice and for my money one of the more accurate I have ever seen but it did pass through two of Repgeek's best do it your self modder's hands and I am sure they both added their own flourishes just as I did my Gorilla Glue mod to the CG last evening.

Kruzer. Much appreciated. I couldn't believe that this one came up and from a trusted friend as well.We actually chat quite a bit back and forth over at Repgeek and sort of have an informal first dibs rule on our stuff should we decide to sell or trade. With your wealth of knowledge and beautiful pieces I would welcome you to the club!! I had actually strongly considered this as a gen purchase until I caved on my 299 which I now am attempted to trade for a 297. I think I may try to aquire a LH Destro movement for the right price, though this classic Swiss is such a beauty.

• 2 months later...

[...] I, Avitt and others have had excellent luck with the Jackson-Getat cases and they are only $30.00. But they do require filing down the rather long crown tubes.

Ok guys sorry for digging this old topic but i have a noob question for my first pam...

img026r.jpg

As you see the crown sit too far from the case and it's not because of the stem length, so i wanted to know when you talk about the "crown tube" it means the tube where the stem goes threw to enter in the case right ?( cercle in red in the pic ?) If yes and if i'm sand it down will the crown be as maintained as before? no problem for the wind/set time positions ?

Thanks

LOL Marco mein freund

You are late to the game. That beauty has moved on to a very appreciative fellow and I replaced it with the gen 219 J

IMG00245-20100507-1155.jpg

IMG00243-20100507-1153.jpg