When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Reps of 2009?

Bansenshukai

I remember that on 2007 and 2008, this was a topic that would come out around December of that year. I was looking forward to reading it this last year, but I have not been able to find one using the "search" button. Was this even discussed? Anyone know where I could find the topic. I'm planning on increasing my rep collection in the next few months and this would be a very useful guide. Thanks.

PS - Is the Rolex DSSD "Ultimate" (I don't remember what version it is) destined to be among the best of 2010? I originally purchased the one with the "incorrect 10" and then sold it and purchased one with the correct bezel. Well, the first one lost 6 seconds per day, consistently - even after being heavily used for two weeks (long distance running, gym, shower, pool, etc.). The latest one I purchased - with the correct bezel - is keeping incredible accuracy: It has consistently gained one second per day (it's the ETA movement). I just wish they had individual serial numbers.

Edited by Bansenshukai

6 seconds per day is great! i really can't believe that it'd be worth returning a watch for 6 seconds a day (i know the 10 was incorrect.. but you also made it sound like the 6sec/day was another contributing factor)

As far as Best reps of 2009 are concerned.. I'm not sure if i recall reading one either... :g:

I don't think the DSSD "ultimate" would be on the list for 2010.. the first versions came out in 2008... and despite the differences.. if you count them.. there's only a handful of minute difference that distinguish the "ultimate" from the v3 and v5...

2009 wasn't even nearly as great year as the previous two. It was actually quite slow year.

WM9 v2/v3 Submariner and WM9 Yacht-Master come to mind.

There must be others but I just can't seem to remember...

6 seconds per day is great! i really can't believe that it'd be worth returning a watch for 6 seconds a day (i know the 10 was incorrect.. but you also made it sound like the 6sec/day was another contributing factor)

As far as Best reps of 2009 are concerned.. I'm not sure if i recall reading one either... :g:

I don't think the DSSD "ultimate" would be on the list for 2010.. the first versions came out in 2008... and despite the differences.. if you count them.. there's only a handful of minute difference that distinguish the "ultimate" from the v3 and v5...

Oh, heck no. I loved that first one. 6 seconds a day is insanely accurate. I have a gen Explorer II that looses about 5 per day. But, I when I receive the second one, and it lost just 1 second per day (which is freaking incredible), I didn't have an issue selling the first one. :)

We have a lot of super rep threads posted.. for the Noobs these will constantly change with newer reps coming out.. conversely, we need members to step up and start doing more reviews of "All" the reps.. nothing is "old news".. and it'll give you .. IMO .. a better grasp of the hobby, and create threads that will be of benefit to everyone,.. instead of registering to grab a rep.. some may find that by "researching" and asking questions... they will gain more of a background on the board and become a contributing part of the community.

We all start somewhere and if we were just to post a Super rep thread .. I think the interaction will fizzle..

How many of us come here for one rep and end up staying.. making great contacts.. and really becoming a part of a fellowship that is equal to none ?? ..

There are many pinned reviewsw.. my DSSD review is still floating around .. over 7,000 views.. the search engine is working.. for those that are new.."Use it"

Bytors, Ubi's, Taods, Andrew's.. Gio's and many more are pinned..

My thought is that nothing is worth gaining if we cannot as a community interact with the Noobs.. and them with us..

so if you have never done a review.. there is a beggining to this journey that entails a little time and effort.. and you will always learn something along the way..

Mistakes are learning opportunities and nobody is perfect.. :victory:

We have a lot of super rep threads posted.. for the Noobs these will constantly change with newer reps coming out.. conversely, we need members to step up and start doing more reviews of "All" the reps.. nothing is "old news".. and it'll give you .. IMO .. a better grasp of the hobby, and create threads that will be of benefit to everyone,.. instead of registering to grab a rep.. some may find that by "researching" and asking questions... they will gain more of a background on the board and become a contributing part of the community.

We all start somewhere and if we were just to post a Super rep thread .. I think the interaction will fizzle..

How many of us come here for one rep and end up staying.. making great contacts.. and really becoming a part of a fellowship that is equal to none ?? ..

There are many pinned reviewsw.. my DSSD review is still floating around .. over 7,000 views.. the search engine is working.. for those that are new.."Use it"

Bytors, Ubi's, Taods, Andrew's.. Gio's and many more are pinned..

My thought is that nothing is worth gaining if we cannot as a community interact with the Noobs.. and them with us..

so if you have never done a review.. there is a beggining to this journey that entails a little time and effort.. and you will always learn something along the way..

Mistakes are learning opportunities and nobody is perfect.. :victory:

Well expressed, Lani.