When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek candy

txcollector

I have to agree that the Roman dial Jumbo is a beautiful watch.

I own and love the MBW version of the 5717, and it is my favorite rep.

However, I have handled the genuine article in both of these models, and although I agree that the reps are VERY nice, I can assure you that they pale in comparison to the gen.

The dial on the gen Nautilus is far more detailed and attractive to the eye than any of the rep models currently available. In general I find that this is the case in the vast majority of the really expensive gens.

Easy to understand, considering the genunine Nautilus's sell for over 20,000.00.

I have to agree that the Roman dial Jumbo is a beautiful watch.

I own and love the MBW version of the 5717, and it is my favorite rep.

However, I have handled the genuine article in both of these models, and although I agree that the reps are VERY nice, I can assure you that they pale in comparison to the gen.

The dial on the gen Nautilus is far more detailed and attractive to the eye than any of the rep models currently available. In general I find that this is the case in the vast majority of the really expensive gens.

Easy to understand, considering the genunine Nautilus's sell for over 20,000.00.

I've seen pictures of the gen silver dial/YG case. I doubt any factory would be able to do that one justice. However the texture of this black roman one is very interesting. I haven't seen this type of texture in any reps before but again I have never seen the gen either.

Have you seen the gen black dial or the more complicated burnt colored ones? What about the case finish and bracelet?

I wonder if we can find OEM parts for a franken. Being Patek I highly doubt it though.

My point is NOT to degrade the quality of the rep dial by any means.

My point is simply to say that the genuine Patek dials are UNREAL when it comes to quality of construction and fabrication techniques.

The gen Nautilus dials are incredible. Looks like finished Jade in many cases. The texture and the play of light on the color of the dials is incredible. Black looks both gray and bronze at the same time and the light plays off the dials in a way that a printed of cast dial never could.

Again, I am not bad mouthing the rep dials, but only pointing out the the real deal is as good as it gets in fine swiss watches.

When paying 300-500.00 for a rep, one certainaly can not expect the same quality as a 20,000.00 gen.

Just head into a local AD that carries Rolex, Blancpain, JC, or Patek, and see for yourself.

That being said, I would say too that some of the less expensive gen watches like Omega, Panerai, Breitling, etc., have not the quality finishes as the more exotic gens.

My rep Omega Seamaster 300 Pro with textured 'Wave' dial looks just as good, for all intents and purposes, as the gen dial...you get what you pay for.

post-22-126843495784_thumb.jpg