When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone regulated a 2678 before?

valerian

Hi

I opened my WM9v2 to regulate the movement as it is about 30 secs fast and I like my watches exact. It's got this tiny ETA 2678 in it, does not seem to have a screw to regulate. Do I have to move a lever? And if yes, which one?

movwm9subv21.jpg

movwm9subv22.jpg

Any experience? Don't want to kill it. :bangin:

Thanks for any help!

Valerian

• 1 year later...

Need to bump this old topic and feeling kind of stupid but I have to ask:

I can't for the life of me regulate this movement the way I'd like to. My Sub looses about 10 secs a day, not bad but annoying. The shift I need to make is so small I can't manage it. I alway push too hard (it takes some force to move it and then I slip a bit.) :wounded1:

Is there a trick how to push the lever and keep the distance under control?

Sorry for complicated explanantion, I don't know how to put it simpler.

Thanks for any help!

Val.

You can regulate it like a Miyota/DG.

In short, do NOT move the lever on yours with the BIG single dot, move only the the arm with the two dots. CLOSER together = Slower, Farther Apart should be Faster.

Stolen Content Below showing the CONCEPT on a Miyota BUT MIRRORED of your ETA:

PRE-REGdiagram.jpg

Here is a closeup of the Miyota. As you can see by the illustration there is a bar that is moved in either direction to change the watches timing. Moving the bar in a counter clockwise closer direction (towards A) will slow the movement and by moving the bar in a clockwise wider direction (towards B will speed up the movement. There are two things with this movement that make it a bit difficult to regulate. The first is that there is only a very small notch on the other side near the +/- © to show your changes, so you either have to judge the movement of the bar compared to the jewel to its right or visualize a line to see where it falls on the +/- that I have illustrated with the yellow line. The Second is that the bar is VERY touchy. Just a small change of the bar can throw the movement off by minutes instead of seconds, where the selita/ETAs are a bit easier with the screw. Below is an example of the extreme changes you can run into.

Try pushing from one side while applying back pressure from the other. It's a bit finicky being such a small area but it can work to overcome the initial "break away" of the motion.

Thanks, I will try this!

Also many thanks to you, Ronin. My movement looks slightly different, there is a lever pointing to the left that you can move. This works but it's so fine that it's very hard to only regulate some seconds out of it.

Thanks very much, guys! :)

Val.

it's very hard to only regulate some seconds out of it.

The answer is: tapping. If you see it move you tapped too hard. Just give it a firm tap. Set time accoring to an atomic clock on-line, wear it and time again after exactly 24h. Proceed untill you get it right. Years back before I got involved in watchmaking I always did it like that and it worked like a charm. Sure it sometimes takes a full week before you get the desired result but ... who cares ;)

Good luck.