When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Two New Watches Just In

thogaa

I just received a package with two of my grail watches :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Panda Daytona 2008 Secs@6

DSCN0317.jpg

And Audemars Piguet Silver sort of panda dial on black leather

DSCN0310.jpg

But these are both running awfully - jerkyness I have never encountered before on any of my reps. :mellow:

I feel kind of bad shipping both back to the dealer complaining that neither works as they should - but I just can't live with those seconds hands hacking like that. It's worse than a $5 quartz watch. Not what I expect of a high end rep. :cry2:

Would any of you accept this? :unsure:

Here's a couple of vids showing what you get for your money these days :yawn:

Panda Daytona

Silver dial Roo

They are bad but those two models are the ones that we all know can have problems with the seconds drive

I'm not saying that my 3 other Roos are running like gens - but much much smother than this latest arrival. :(

Thats really to bad, beautiful watches though. I personaly could not except a sweep as chopy as that, maybe on a cheep rep but not on a high end piece. The thing Is you might have to avoid these models all together unless the dealer can assure you that the watch has a proper sweep, good luck :) Mike

to bad to hear and see that both watches have these issus :( i hope your dealer can fix that..

i orderd a skyland avenger, i hope i dont have these probs with my movement, but never heard about that in the breitlings...why is this so often in the rolex and ap watches? can anybody tell me this please?

DENIZ

to bad to hear and see that both watches have these issus :( i hope your dealer can fix that..

i orderd a skyland avenger, i hope i dont have these probs with my movement, but never heard about that in the breitlings...why is this so often in the rolex and ap watches? can anybody tell me this please?

DENIZ

No worries Deniz. This Is a problem thats not related to the Skyland :) Mike

I feel scammed with that Daytona! - I hope the dealer is able to make it better.

My only other option is to throw it in the bin. :( I could never sell a watch like that to anyone else :black_eye:

The AP also has to be better. My rubberclad and both themes are running better than this. I don't get how this could ever pass a minor QC. Guess there is none :(

I'm gutted. $800 down the drain. Could never wear any of those :cry2:

I feel scammed with that Daytona! - I hope the dealer is able to make it better.

My only other option is to throw it in the bin. :( I could never sell a watch like that to anyone else :black_eye:

The AP also has to be better. My rubberclad and both themes are running better than this. I don't get how this could ever pass a minor QC. Guess there is none :(

I'm gutted. $800 down the drain. Could never wear any of those :cry2:

Thogaa cant you a least send them back for something else or get a $800.00 credit?. Im sure with some of the newer reps comming out you will have no problem using that credit. Keep us posted :) Mike

i think i know how you feel, i was feelin the same as i saw the inside of my pam crystal...that was no qc and i was spendin 400 dollars in it..

send them back tomorrow, and dont bother you with them, and buy some other nice watches for the money...not one with seconds on 3 6 or 12 :thumbdown:

and the ploprof is coming end of this month anyways :)

dont bother you so much man :drinks: send them back :victory:

:huh: better try to send them back and get some different watches...I mean totally different models.... known to have smooth seconds so you can get your sleep back

The music on the daytona one is a fantastic piece - reminds me of my childhood bizarrely.... Anyone know the name of it?

As for the watches - that sucks... Maybe when the movements have had time to 'bed in' they may improve. Doubtful though, probably best to get them serviced. With some lubing up and proper alignment they should be smooooooth in no time!

S

Maybe it's just me, but personally, I'd tolerate it... I've had reps with movements which jumped as badly, but kept good time, and I think it's noticeable when you sit and watch the dial, as opposed to under normal wearing conditions... I admit, the ROO is definitely jerkier than the Daytona, but personally, I wouldn't write the watch off... I agree with Gran's comment above: Ship back for totally different watches, if you can't tolerate it in 'regular wear', as opposed to 'under observation'... Sorry to hear you're not happy with your purchases...