When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This place rocks!

I wanted to take a little time out to express my gratitude that such a community even exists. The passion and knowledge for watches here is unparalleled.

I'm constantly blown away at how much more people know about watches and movements here than on typical gen forums. Maybe because here it's about "owning" the watch rather than just buying it. What do I mean by owning it? It seems like the decision to purchase something is just the first step. There are often different models from different dealers, and you have to decide which tradeoffs are more/less important to you. And for many, the follow-on modifications/improvements appear to be more than half the fun.

Part of the beauty of reps to me is they equalize the playing field a bit when it comes to cost. You can then buy what really speaks to you without price differentials getting in the way so much -- you can enjoy Patek as easily as Omega. And I don't know if it's the nature of owning reps, but they seem more involving because you have an ideal (trying to match the gen) that you're constantly trying to match them against.

Some of the threads here have really made me think hard about what I want from a rep. In lots of ways it's a form of self-discovery. What appeals to you, what flaws can you live with, how afraid are you at being called out, how do you react if someone asks whether it's a fake, etc.

I'm still early in my journey, having only ordered one rep several months ago. Unfortunately, it appears that it will be several more months before I'll ever get it (the WM9 Sea-Dweller 16600). So in the meantime, I'm looking around to see what else catches my eye.

Thank you all for having built a wonderful community for all watch lovers!

Thank you for becoming part of our great little home!

Great intro BTW. You sum up exactly how a lot here feel about the hobby and this place.

And ..Yes.... the journey can be a long one, if the inclination is there.

And hold on to your wallet, as this hobby can also do serious damage to the bank balance.

I find it quite amazing, that of the members who have been around for a number of years, many different journeys have been undertaken and followed.

From rep collections, to a few modded Frankens, to collections of only genuines, specialty brands; the many routes followed is amazing. This hobby has taken some of us to the other side of the world, started new businesses, and taught some mechanical skills we didn't know existed!

Truly an all consuming and engrossing place.

So enjoy your journey, and please let us all follow you on it, and enjoy it with you.

Offshore

Iceberg

There is an awesome raffle going on..5 bucks a ticket with some really nice prizes..

All the funds go to support this site. Take a chance and show your support, you may get lucky

;)