When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tobacco, anyone?

hackR

Oh yeah, pass the tobacco around.

Back when I was truly hooked on the wacky tobacky, and I had three of them (118F that I just sold, not pictured)...

rsz_IMG_0021.jpg

And the one I decided to keep, which I managed to find a Ziggified dial and hand set for.

PAM036BTquickshots004.jpg

PAM036BTquickshots006.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah, pass the tobacco around.

Back when I was truly hooked on the wacky tobacky, and I had three of them (118F that I just sold, not pictured)...

rsz_IMG_0021.jpg

And the one I decided to keep, which I managed to find a Ziggified dial and hand set for.

PAM036BTquickshots004.jpg

PAM036BTquickshots006.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Drulee stop that! You're killin' me man.

Don't you know, that you are supposed to sell me that gorgeous 036... :D

LOL....but I gotta spread the love! :victory:

Yeah my internaional airsure !!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Looks sweet mate .. guess your pleased ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oncyte, that 061 is simply beautiful! Doc what are the specs on that 036? Everything from the movement to the dial is gorgeous. I've been lusting for a 036 on my wrist lately, specifically the oldskool offering.

I built three, sold two, kept the Ziggified one with T-Swiss-T dial and tritium like lume. Bought a ton of old 177s and found a few good Ti cases and CGs, of which I picked the best for the keeper. Ordered an OttoFrei 6497.1 Incabloc movement and changed the larger cogs to Sunburst ones with the teeth polished and only a small bit of the main surface area (the ones in the pics are actually older cogs). Then attached the nicest metal polished OP plates I could find and changed a few screws. Put on a nice A-F shaped CG. Added a T48. Used the display back with the larger text but not as deeply engraved as some, as all the engraved ones I came across used too small a font. And then to top it all off, I found a nice and thick AR-free (probably incorrect but Purple, Blue, or Pink do not mix well with Tobacco :D ) sapphire.

I built three, sold two, kept the Ziggified one with T-Swiss-T dial and tritium like lume. Bought a ton of old 177s and found a few good Ti cases and CGs, of which I picked the best for the keeper. Ordered an OttoFrei 6497.1 Incabloc movement and changed the larger cogs to Sunburst ones with the teeth polished and only a small bit of the main surface area (the ones in the pics are actually older cogs). Then attached the nicest metal polished OP plates I could find and changed a few screws. Put on a nice A-F shaped CG. Added a T48. Used the display back with the larger text but not as deeply engraved as some, as all the engraved ones I came across used too small a font. And then to top it all off, I found a nice and thick AR-free (probably incorrect but Purple, Blue, or Pink do not mix well with Tobacco :D ) sapphire.

Definitely one of the nicest 036's put together! I'm debating whether i should just jump on DSN's latest 036 offering, or keep waiting for an oldskool 036 to be offered in the classifieds.

Definitely one of the nicest 036's put together! I'm debating whether i should just jump on DSN's latest 036 offering, or keep waiting for an oldskool 036 to be offered in the classifieds.

Thanks, I'm fairly happy with it. But two things are bugging me (not enough to sell it though :D ). For one, the serial number on the third lug is missing. I'm not sure if a local engraver would be able to add one or not, haven't found one yet anyway. Then there is the case back. If only there was one with the same sized font and with deeper engraving, that would be nice. Oh, and the CG lever could use bead blasting, and of course a slightly thicker CG would be ideal.

Otherwise, I'm quite content with the way it turned out :)

Looks really great. What kind of strap is this, btw?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...