When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK 5513 Dial

omgiv

Hi guys,

I have a future project for a 5513 and am starting to think about dials. The case I have is the new MBW/MBK 1680/5513 series, so I know that I am limited to options. I was wondering what the thoughts were on the MBK 5513 dial from ETZ. Is the 5512 any better than the 5513? I am not an expert and was hoping that they would chime in. Thanks!!!!!

Don't forget that the 5513 and 5512 are totally different watches. I think a much better comparison would be examining different versions of each separate watch against its own reference.

As far as the 5513 goes, IMO the NDT dial is the best rep currently available. If anyone's interested, here is an up close pic of one.

Cheers,

JJ

Thanks for the replies guys. I should say that the dial will be going on a 2846 movement. I have also hard that the Yuki dials have to be trimmed to fit into the MBW/MBK cases. Not sure on the NDT dials. I understand that the 5512 and 5513 are different in terms of dials and movements. I wasn't aware of other differences. I do like the 5512 but there is something appealing about the simple 5513 dial. Thanks!!!!

5513/5512's all go on the 1520/1530/1560/1570 Rolex movements, same size (gens) same case (different markings). Dial feet at 6 and 11:30. Yuki, NDt and J&W all copy the gen. MBW is where you can run into problems, but not maybe as much as w/ the 1680.

Other dials won't fit in a MBW 1680 case, but I'm not sure about a 5512/5513 dial in an MBW case- ubi did it w/ a 5517 into an MBW case for JAG as I recall.

Thanks for the opinions guys! I am assuming that if you are recommending the NDT dial, then I would have to trim the dial and also cut off the dial feet. If you don't mind me asking, what makes the NDT dial more accurate and desirable? I also notice that they have several options. I notices on some of their dials that the 3,6, and 9 markers have flairs on the ends as if the lume hasn't been completely filled in. Is that accurate? Thanks in advance!!!!!

I don't know if I am taking my measurements from the wrong position on the case, but I just measured the case I have and I came up with a 26.3mm opening. If that is indeed true, then I don't see much that I would have to change if the NDT dial is indeed 26mm. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks!!!