When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it really this hard to get a DD overlay?

Gorilladame

Hi!

After ordering a DD overlay from ETZ (never arrived, no wonder) and from another member (still waiting for 20 days now) I wonder if there is really NO other source to get a nice 1680 date disc overlay for an ETA movement..

Is it really so hard to come by, right now or do I just don´t know the right source?

How is your expirence right now?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ETZ used to be the source for the correct DW's- flat top 3's, open 6's and 9's on a silver background. Not knowing what's happened to him, my next thought would be trying to get one thru one of the other dealers who deals w/ MBW's- PT and Paso come to mind.

These new DW's which we see on the PT 1665 (and maybe the new Josh 1665 and 1680) sit slightly inboard of the MBW date window, so keep that in mind.

As i dont have a scanner would a very good photo taken of an MBW overlay work?, It could then be vectorised to smooth it and as long as it was printed at the correct size on a transfer or even thin paper it could be used, it may even be possible to add the silver back ground in photoshop?

hey then i could cut them out and and sell them for $25 a pop :black_eye:

or i could just up load the file

Is it worth a try?

I printed a few samples, but they were not great quality. I printed on champagne and white, and a silvery finish. They were printed with a PAD printer. Same format as the gens are printed.

I'm just soaking a bunch of painted blanks in some serious paint remover to get them back to clean SS. I may try and print a few on the clean blanks for that silvery finish. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I might get lucky.

If I ever get Corel Draw figured out I may try this. :blink: I recently bought an Alps thermal transfer printer with this type of thing in mind... Anybody have a super macro shot of a gen Great White Rail dial? ;)

Ok guys this is the pic i have been sent It is an overlay and he want $25 each, I will be handling the deal by having them shipped to me and then i ship to you from the EU.

If you want these then i am afraid it will be payment up front, as i a still left with some 2893 that were ordered.

So is this what you want?

MBWdatewheeloverlay.jpg