When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a DG4813?

PowerShot

Good Evening everybody!

I've just receive two DG4813 but not sure if they really are DG4813 since the noise they making (tic-tac-tic-tac) seems to be very slow for a 28bph.

Do you see what I'm trying to tell you?

Maybe the sound as nothing to do with the bph but just want to be sure. :pardon:

Here a pictures, if you need to see anything in particular please ask!

img3594g.jpg

img3654w.jpg

Thanks in advance for everything.

Best regards.

PS

Looks just like the 4813 that I bought from AJoeSmith a while ago. It's been running fine in a LV Sub for over a year and it runs quite smoothly.

They might make the same one in lo-beat, I don't know. I don't think you can tell from looking at the balance wheel. Pu a second hand on it and then watch it.

Yes JKay I think it's sounds like a 21K!!

KBH can you maybe please listen the video and compare with the sound of your LV Sub?

I don't have any second hand to put on this movement, I was planning to send it to Domenico so he can do the swap in my DSSD!

I just want to be sure they are real 4813 before shipping them...

Let me know please.

Best regards.

PS

KBH- unfortunately the differences between a 2813 and a 4813 are not readily visible. Only a few small interior parts differ. At least that's what I learned on RWG LOL ;)

I was confused about Asia 21j .. now I know there are 2 kinds, the 2813 and the 4813 .. one's 21k and one's 28k .. and they are externally identical to the naked eye.

KBH- unfortunately the differences between a 2813 and a 4813 are not readily visible. Only a few small interior parts differ. At least that's what I learned on RWG LOL ;)

I was confused about Asia 21j .. now I know there are 2 kinds, the 2813 and the 4813 .. one's 21k and one's 28k .. and they are externally identical to the naked eye.

Actually, they are different thickness, I believe. Not that I could tell from looking at my watch with the case back off. But as mentioned before, I've only seen the 2813 in nickel plate.

JKay you right! This is why I've just bought an ETA 2836-2 :D This way I'm pretty sure it will be 28bph!

Hope it will just fit inside my DSSD.

I will send the 4813 to Domenico as well so he can maybe do the test and see how the second hand is swapping.

Thanks to all who chimed in this thread! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And I will keep up to date when they come back from the master.

Best regards!

PS

KBH- "unfortunately the differences between a 2813 and a 4813 are not readily visible. Only a few small interior parts differ. At least that's what I learned on RWG" LOL

"I was confused about Asia 21j .. now I know there are 2 kinds, the 2813 and the 4813 .. one's 21k and one's 28k .. and they are externally identical to the naked eye."

If you compare a 28000 beat 4813 to a 21600 beat 2813, you will notice the 4813 balance wheel is quite a bit smaller than the balance wheel on the 2813.

After you look at a 4813 for a few minutes and study the balance wheel size in relation to the surrounding parts...it will be easy to tell a 4813 from a 2813. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Something else:

The 2813 and 4813 both have tension springs on the sweep second pivot to prevent ss hand 'stutter' (skipping). When the tension spring is not supplying enough tension...it allows the ss hand to stutter, causing ss hand motion of a 28000 beat 4813 to look like a 21600 beat 2813 at first glance.

One easy (but not totally foolproof) way to tell if the tension spring is too loose is to hold the watch with 12 straight up and 6 straight down and see if the ss hand stutters when the long (heavier) end of the ss hand moves downhill between 12 and 6 and evens out going uphill between 6 and 12.