When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

....but Exist Mbw ?

fellfell

Incredible answer ! Thank you for your courtesy an disponibility !

What's incredible is how many times you ask people 'where is possible to buy this watch', when the original poster had disclosed the source of his/her watch in the thread they had written! That is clearly not even reading the information provided.

Sorry if you feel I am beeing rude, but it's a little frustrating to see you posting things like this when it's very clear that you have not given much effort into finding the answer you are looking for.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest RiverwindMDS

Please, mans, I'm new like him and I'm always doing research with the search engine of the board but that's not the point. If you don't like this kind of thread just don't post in it, you don't need to be so strong against the new members just because they are not "perfect", they're just mans like everyone here and can do mistakes like I am.

It seems to me that the new member are always asking for the "perfect sub but the old members are asking for the "perfect" new member.

Sorry for this post but I liked all of you in this board for your kindness and I don't want it to change, please don't make this board like the others where when someone new or not do a mistake there are thousant of people telling him he's wrong and his lack of will to do instead of telling him softly how to improve his skills of the board.

Sorry for my rudness (does it write like this?).

Thanks

Slay,

I agree with you one hundred percent. If your new, you need to do some research. Read the threads, use the search function to find out about MBW, etc. None of the dealers need more grief vested on them, especially with all the problems lately with Paypal accounts, chargebacks, etc. New members need to do enough research to be able to understand the "rules" After he understands the vagrancies of the replica ordering/ delivery system and the risks involved then he should try to find the "perfect" watch for him.

If a new member wants an MBW, then he can find a whole lot of info about MBW's by searching MBW. Another factor, as By-Tor states in his post, the contemporary MBW's aren't any better and possibly not as good as some of the other dealers watches. Only if he wants a vintage Rolex, and is then willing to spend a fair amount of additional money on modifications will he have a "perfect sub"!! The new member needs to understand that so that he won't be disappointed when his new MBW 1680 is delivered and he realizes that it is far from perfect. I'm a little scared of the new member who drops in and right off the bat, stars wanting dealer contact info so he can order a watch. First the reading and research and then the questions can be answered. Often the member will find the answers on his own.

THANKS I have undestood.Regards

I'm not sure what disponibility means. But, he is correct, its in the forum. And any forum, not just ours frowns upon asking questions that can be answered by searching.

I think if you would have started out - Hi, i'm not a native english speaker. I have tried to search but because of my language skills keep running into roadblocks. I have found this, this and this. can someone help me understand what i'm looking for?

You probably would have gotten a better response.

but simply asking a question by saying, I searched i can't find the answer - so i'm asking the 2nd most popular question on the forum. -- no no, not, "who has the best sub" - "how do i buy mbw"

OK thanks, I have undestood.

But I think that in a forum people is intrested also to notice as "I have buyed from dealer xxx a sub (for example) and it is more good as the GMT that I have buyed to dealer yyyy"

This is a possibility for defence our money, because is impossible to see replicas before buy.

I am Italian, and Italian people dont love mystery, prefer the things that look at the sun in the light of.

For this reason it has made curious the MBW mystery to me (that I have finally resolved)

Sorry for my imperfect english, regards

What's incredible is how many times you ask people 'where is possible to buy this watch', when the original poster had disclosed the source of his/her watch in the thread they had written! That is clearly not even reading the information provided.

Sorry if you feel I am beeing rude, but it's a little frustrating to see you posting things like this when it's very clear that you have not given much effort into finding the answer you are looking for.

Sir, it is not problem. Thanks for answer. But I speak Italian (my language) and french, for me is very difficult to read this forum that it appeals to me. I use Google translator but not undestood all thinks

For this reason I have made a question that to you it does not appeal to. Good day

I am Italian, and Italian people dont love mystery, prefer the things that look at the sun in the light of.

:brow::blink: I love mystery and I'm Italian !!!!

Welcome on "the Repwar" Fellfell !!!

In parte è vero quello che dici anche gli MBW sono un pò una presa per i fondelli perchè sono pieni di

difetti come le altre repliche e come le altre necessitano di modifiche il che fa lievitare notevolmente il loro

costo.

Io più che andare alla cieca opterei per quei modelli di MBW quasi perfetti... che necessitano di poche modifiche

ci sono molte recensioni (in questa come in altre board) se fossi in te cercherei questi... oppure dei frankestein

già belli che pronti... ciao

Edited by MAHLER

Incredible answer ! Thank you for your courtesy an disponibility !

Yeah, he is a disponible guy alright.

You'll understand once you have been here for a while, as what people are telling you is the truth. If you spend $500 on an MBW expecting to find the Holy Grail delivered to your mail box, you are setting yourself up for serious disappointment.

I can easily imagine a person getting a new MBW, comparing it to a virtually identical vintage that a friend bought from any of our dealers for less than half that price, and concluding that he had been the victim of a grand scam. Unless you have the intention to pour a lot of money into a watch, do yourself a favor and buy the inexpensive one, wear it a while and see how you like it.

Most people will prefer a watch a crystal that doesn't scratch every time you breathe on it, and a bezel that clicks when you turn it.

I own a few rep Rolexes, but compared to some of our most avid collectors, I own just a few.

post-223-1158265027_thumb.jpg

I have recently acquired a half dozen or so MBWs and I am, for the first time, considering the acquisition of a safety deposit box - BUT NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE MY BEST WATCHES, ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE RARE.

There are no MBW dealers - MBW does not want to do that kind of business. The "George" that you have heard about is a collector, and a gentleman who is exceedingly popular among those who know him. If he provided watches to people who did not know what they were buying and why they were buying them, he would have trouble, he doesn't want, and none of us want him to have.

The people you perceive to be giving you a hard time are simply trying to keep you from being disappointed, and avoid having your disappointment cause you to do something that would create trouble for a friend, thereby necessitating that the person who referred you be required to hunt you down and kill you as an act of contrition.

The bottom line is, if you do not know EXACTLY how the MBW is constructed differently than comparable watches costing half as much, you shouldn't buy one.

I am not going to tell you how to contact George - the sins of my past are sufficient without adding another untimely demise to that equation. I just don't want you to feel that people are abusing you.

Bill

Yeah, he is a disponible guy alright.

You'll understand once you have been here for a while, as what people are telling you is the truth. If you spend $500 on an MBW expecting to find the Holy Grail delivered to your mail box, you are setting yourself up for serious disappointment.

I can easily imagine a person getting a new MBW, comparing it to a virtually identical vintage that a friend bought from any of our dealers for less than half that price, and concluding that he had been the victim of a grand scam. Unless you have the intention to pour a lot of money into a watch, do yourself a favor and buy the inexpensive one, wear it a while and see how you like it.

Most people will prefer a watch a crystal that doesn't scratch every time you breathe on it, and a bezel that clicks when you turn it.

I own a few rep Rolexes, but compared to some of our most avid collectors, I own just a few.

post-223-1158265027_thumb.jpg

I have recently acquired a half dozen or so MBWs and I am, for the first time, considering the acquisition of a safety deposit box - BUT NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE MY BEST WATCHES, ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE RARE.

There are no MBW dealers - MBW does not want to do that kind of business. The "George" that you have heard about is a collector, and a gentleman who is exceedingly popular among those who know him. If he provided watches to people who did not know what they were buying and why they were buying them, he would have trouble, he doesn't want, and none of us want him to have.

The people you perceive to be giving you a hard time are simply trying to keep you from being disappointed, and avoid having your disappointment cause you to do something that would create trouble for a friend, thereby necessitating that the person who referred you be required to hunt you down and kill you as an act of contrition.

The bottom line is, if you do not know EXACTLY how the MBW is constructed differently than comparable watches costing half as much, you shouldn't buy one.

I am not going to tell you how to contact George - the sins of my past are sufficient without adding another untimely demise to that equation. I just don't want you to feel that people are abusing you.

Bill

Bill,

think you put this very succinctly.

Fellfell, I certainly didn't mean to sound harsh or angry. However you must remember that some of us have been around these forums for sevreral years, not several days or months. We hear the same questions asked over and over again, always by folks with <20 posts and obviously not interested in doing any reading or research. I apologize to you, because you obviously have some language difficulties, just as I would if this forum was in another language.

As I stated along with several of the older members here,SOME of the MBW vintage watches are very good, primarily because they are 1:1 copies (Case,caseback,crystal, bezel) and because of that they will accept genuine Rolex parts as well as aftermarket Rolex parts. They can be modded to the point that you would need to open the case back and look at the movement to tell that they are not genuine Rolex. But all that comes at a price. It is very easy to invest 300 Euros in the MBW SeaDweller 1665 or the 1680 Sub and then spend another 500-1000 Euros on genuine parts and modifications to the crown guards, case, Etc.. At that point, you have a very, very nice SeaDweller or Sub, but you have a lot of money invested and it is still a replica. You can buy a genuine Tudor Submariner for what you would spend to make a first class modded MBW submariner. Some of the other MBW models are not that good at all. The vintage GMT Master is very wrong, and is probably not a good choice if you want an accurate replica. By-Tor has written several excellent reviews of modifications of various MBW models, also Ubiquitous is an expert on vintage Rolex, and has many very good posts about vintage MBW's

If you are looking for a modern Sub,or GMT, I would not buy the MBW.With modern Submariners and GMT's, the MBW is not as accurate There are several dealers here who sell those models that are much more accurate than the MBW modern models. As Bill said, buy a rep from one of the dealers, wear it a while, see how you like it, keep reading and researching and then if you really are still interested in the MBW, it will be easy to find one.

Just as an aside, when i joined the first replica forum, TRC (The Replica Collector) in May of 2004, there was no one selling MBW's. I really wanted one, but they were unavailable. As soon as one would come up for sale on the members sales corner, they were sold. Finally I was able to get a Watchmaster version about a year ago, then early this summer, I got a MBW from another dealer who has since gone away!! So, it took me over one year to get the first one, so have patience. All things good come to those who wait.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards

Arthur

OK thanks, I have undestood.

But I think that in a forum people is intrested also to notice as "I have buyed from dealer xxx a sub (for example) and it is more good as the GMT that I have buyed to dealer yyyy"

This is a possibility for defence our money, because is impossible to see replicas before buy.

For this reason it has made curious the MBW mystery to me (that I have finally resolved)

Sorry for my imperfect english, regards

I don't think you need to apologize. I commend you for trying to translate. You are much more brave than i.

i have been on this scene for over a year and a half now - and i still don't know how to get an MBW :)

best of luck on your searches

I don't think you need to apologize. I commend you for trying to translate. You are much more brave than i.

i have been on this scene for over a year and a half now - and i still don't know how to get an MBW :)

best of luck on your searches

Oh Lord no - I'm an old bastrid from America, and I do the best I can with English. My wife is Colombian but I cannot may any sense at all of Spanish. I have nothing but respect for people who can communicate in languages other than their own - especially when I talk to those from Asia whose natural languages have nothing in common with mine.

I sincerely hope you do not take anything I said as an effort to have fun at your expense - my intention was the complete opposite.

Let me suggest this, e-mail me your address at TJGladeRaider@aol.com and I will send you a nice vintage watch. It won't be an MBW, but it will be a nice watch with a Swiss movement. I want you to see what a vintage watch is like. If I told you it was an MBW, unless you knew how to take it apart, you would never know the difference.

It's a gift - believe me, I have enough of them that I can spare one.

Bill

:brow::blink: I love mystery and I'm Italian !!!!

Welcome on "the Repwar" Fellfell !!!

In parte è vero quello che dici anche gli MBW sono un pò una presa per i fondelli perchè sono pieni di

difetti come le altre repliche e come le altre necessitano di modifiche il che fa lievitare notevolmente il loro

costo.

Io più che andare alla cieca opterei per quei modelli di MBW quasi perfetti... che necessitano di poche modifiche

ci sono molte recensioni (in questa come in altre board) se fossi in te cercherei questi... oppure dei frankestein

già belli che pronti... ciao

Che bello parlare in italiano (anch'io amo i misteri ma non i venditori che fanno i misteriosi..)

Scusa, adesso mi metti una pulce nell'orecchio, ma che sono i Frankestein gia' belli e pronti?

Non dirmi di cercarmeli da solo senno' ti sparo...... scherzo ma dimmi qualcosa di loro.

Per quanto riguarda MBW ho visto delle foto (vintages + sub attuale) mi sembrano proprio belli (sara' la foto?)

Uno mi ha detto che costano 330 euro, nenche tanto tenuto conto che i venditori italiani di repliche ti rivendono i womart/aspire o simili a 350/400 e piu'.

Gia' che parli italiano ti faccio la domanda cruciale: ma non esistono repliche belle (non dico perfette, figuriamoci !!) ma ben fatte, decenti?

Ho comprato per prova un Daytona Precioustime e un sub wo/aspire ma sono proprio baracchette, funzionano ma sono oggettini da pochi soldi... Chi piu' spende meno spende ma il prodotto BELLO anche se un po' piu' caro pare non esista.

Mi piacerebbe farmi una collezione di vintage, per questo cerco MBW ma anche crono vintage e naturalmente mi piacerebbe il solito Daytona acciaio quadrante nero, ma fatto bene, il mio Precious (uguale a tutti gli alti dei vari venditori di RWG) sembra l'orologio dell'uovo di Pasqua.

Ti prego illuminami straniero che parli la mia lingua... scherzo ma attendo ansiosamente your answer

Ciao

MBW=Money Basically Wasted

Off the shelf, the vintage Sub MBW, (which according to our best collectors here are the only ones worth having) are not even close to being accurate, they are just the most modifiable with genuine parts. The poster who said when you open the box, you are going to think you got ripped off nailed it. They provide a good base for building an original parts masterpiece, but don't be lulled into the assumption that MBW out of the box is the holy grail. It's just the first 1/4 of what you will spend to get it right.

Plenty of <$200 Rolex subs out there that are "wow" on delivery.

Che bello parlare in italiano (anch'io amo i misteri ma non i venditori che fanno i misteriosi..)

Scusa, adesso mi metti una pulce nell'orecchio, ma che sono i Frankestein gia' belli e pronti?

Non dirmi di cercarmeli da solo senno' ti sparo...... scherzo ma dimmi qualcosa di loro.

Per quanto riguarda MBW ho visto delle foto (vintages + sub attuale) mi sembrano proprio belli (sara' la foto?)

Uno mi ha detto che costano 330 euro, nenche tanto tenuto conto che i venditori italiani di repliche ti rivendono i womart/aspire o simili a 350/400 e piu'.

Gia' che parli italiano ti faccio la domanda cruciale: ma non esistono repliche belle (non dico perfette, figuriamoci !!) ma ben fatte, decenti?

Ho comprato per prova un Daytona Precioustime e un sub wo/aspire ma sono proprio baracchette, funzionano ma sono oggettini da pochi soldi... Chi piu' spende meno spende ma il prodotto BELLO anche se un po' piu' caro pare non esista.

Mi piacerebbe farmi una collezione di vintage, per questo cerco MBW ma anche crono vintage e naturalmente mi piacerebbe il solito Daytona acciaio quadrante nero, ma fatto bene, il mio Precious (uguale a tutti gli alti dei vari venditori di RWG) sembra l'orologio dell'uovo di Pasqua.

Ti prego illuminami straniero che parli la mia lingua... scherzo ma attendo ansiosamente your answer

Ciao

For all of the native English speakers (like myself), I ran Fellfell's reply through a transaltor so we can see what it would be like to partcipate in our forum from his point of view :wounded1:

How nice to speak in Italian (anch' I love the mysteries but not the vendors who make the mysterious ones.)

Excuse, now you put me a pulce in the ear, but that they are the Frankestein gia' beautiful and ready?

Dirmi not to try them to me alone senno' I shoot...... to joke but dimmi something to you of they.

As far as MBW I have seen of photos (vintages + sub puts into effect them) me seem just beautiful (sara' the photo)

One has said that 330 euro cost, nenche much held account to me that the Italian vendors of retorts you rivendono womart/aspire or similar to 350/400 and piu'.

Gia' that speaks Italian I make you the crucial question: but beautiful retorts do not exist (do not say perfect, are figured!!) but very made, decent?

I have bought for test a Daytona Precioustime and a sub to wo/aspire but they are just baracchette, work but they are oggettini from little moneies...

Who piu' spends little spends but the BEAUTIFUL product even if po' piu' a beloved seems does not exist.

It would appeal to me makes a collection me of vintage, for this I try MBW but also crono vintage and naturally it would appeal to to the Daytona usual steel to me black, but done good quadrant, my Precious (equal to all the high ones of several the vendors of RWG) seems the clock of the egg of Passover.

I pray to you illuminates to me foreign that speaks to my language... joke but I attend anxiously your answer

Hello

For all of the native English speakers (like myself), I ran Fellfell's reply through a transaltor so you can see what it would be like to partcipate in our forum from his point of view :wounded1:

He e-mailed me, and I am going to send him a vintage watch just to share as I have an extra one, but it is starting to sound to me like this is a guy who really would like the MBW.

Bill