When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good Set Of Tools For Starters

alligoat

Here's a good starter set- I've had mine for a year now and I'm still using it:

EDIT REMOVED

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0007VDN6K/re...4052484-8367302

These aren't the greatest tools, but they're a good starting place

Then you can buy the good screw drivers, Bergeon Rolex case back opener, etc. as you need them

Hey aligoat,

Don't make it too easy for the punters, make 'em search, and go in thru the links at the top, That way the board benefits :D

And to any out there looking at tools, a little bird tells me that a great offer may be coming up in the tools department pretty soon, so don't be too quick on pulling the trigger.

Offshore

PS Have removed that link, search thru our Amazon links guys.

alligoat,

The board is not in "such bad shape", but every little bit helps.

And to that end we will soon be putting up a raffle for a whole bunch of tools, which some may care to enter.

I would just hate to think that someone had gone out and purchased a tool kit, and then saw the raffle a few days later!

BTW, Thats a pretty good looking kit, at a good price, and if your screwdrivers are still holding up after a year, the quality must be OK.

Offshore

alligoat,

The board is not in "such bad shape", but every little bit helps.

And to that end we will soon be putting up a raffle for a whole bunch of tools, which some may care to enter.

I would just hate to think that someone had gone out and purchased a tool kit, and then saw the raffle a few days later!

BTW, Thats a pretty good looking kit, at a good price, and if your screwdrivers are still holding up after a year, the quality must be OK.

Offshore

Then why not let him post the damn link -- some of us have better things to do with our time than search for things that others would like to show us.

Removing a link that someone took time to post is pretty bad form, if someone were to ask me for my opinion.

Bill

Well I am a little taken aback with the "bad form" message, I beleived it was in the best interest of the board, and therefore the members to access our ads thru the Amazon affiliate link.

However, so that I don't offend anyones sensibilities, here is the link direct.

Offshore

And have readded it in the original post!!!

Well I am a little taken aback with the "bad form" message, I beleived it was in the best interest of the board, and therefore the members to access our ads thru the Amazon affiliate link.

However, so that I don't offend anyones sensibilities, here is the link direct.

Offshore

And have readded it in the original post!!!

I'm a cranky old fat lazy bastrid . . . but I have a nice new tool kit coming.

LOL

Bill

What you should have done was added the forum's Affiliate tag to the link. Then you'd make REAL money from people that bought it.

That's just my opinion, though.

If I knew how, and where the tag was, I would have done so. But having not been schooled on those niceties, I just did the best I could... under the circumstances. Nuff said, my last post on the matter.

Not mine. :D

I'm not blaming you, this is something that can be added as a parser by Admin, I presume. A simple regex to add the affiliate tag to every Amazon link posted. Not too hard. :D

Anyway, carry on, nothing to see.

I hate items w/ user ratings like that-two people give 5 stars and two give 1--which could mean 2 people who work for the company who makes or sells it, v. two people who work for a different company that sells something similar; two people who know what they're doing and two who don't (but which is which?); or 4 idiots who know notheing either way. But for 60 bucks, wtf...that's what a high end set of screwdrivers costs at some websites...