When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

been offered a gen 009 b

rkdk

Hi guys. Ive been offered a gen 009 b at around 10.000$ Its seems in pretty good shape, but obviously not completely new.

It has the L swiss L, but i dont know if that makes a difference.

What do you guys think?

Well, i do have a 009 rep, and off course its never "worth" the 10.000$ if you look at it from a rep vs gen perspective. I just happen to have the money, and i always liked the watch. Figured it might be a good investment, and a joy to own.

I agree 009 is a sweet watch and a rare bird indeed. But I think I'd need to look in to the dial a bit.

Shouldn't a B series be a T swiss T ? My A 028 is a T swiss made T. Did they change the 009? Have you got any pictures ?

Panerai_PAM_009_A.jpg

I think that's an A but its T at least.

Honestly I dont think an L swiss L is that great but if you like it then go for it . They seem to command 20K + if not more I think I saw some on the bay for 50+ so 10k does look good value

I don't know what it is, but I just love the patina'd look of original, 11 year old PVD that's seen some action... Lots of character in that wear, and ages more gracefully than polished steel...

yeah, me too. It looks absolutely great with the tan strap too.

For 10k I think it is a smart investment. I purchased a no date Submariner last year for 3.2k on a similar whim; I had the money and thought why not. I took it into a local AD and had it serviced, cleaned, and polished and kept the receipt. I recently sold the watch for 4k. I spent a total of 3.5k, but came out of the deal $500 richer not to mention wearing the watch to one wedding, and a handful of other affairs.

Best of luck with the purchase!

sweet watch :thumbsupsmileyanim: ... panerai prices are fvcking ridiculous... But if you like it, go for it, cuz you'll always be able to recoup your 10k

+1 on that lol

As long as it's all gen, all the papers are there etc etc, why not go for it if you have the money - you can always sell it again later if needs be! :D

Not bad at all for a 009B-L, although it's still a lot of money for such a watch.

I agree with others, Panerai pricing in general is out of kilt, for not so rational reasons but hey, it's all driven by a WIS and collectors hype isn't it :)

We've seen it all before with other watch brands and Panerai isn't an exception, unfortunately.

You may want to consider a PVD Marina model from the same series as well, 004B-L which is currently being offered on Paneristi sale board for about the same price or less by a member called Max.

Check it out if you like this one more than a base and if you can bear dealing with annoying and obnoxious character like Max. Good luck.

cheers!

b

Check it out if you like this one more than a base and if you can bear dealing with annoying and obnoxious character like Max. Good luck.

cheers!

b

outch ! :black_eye:;)

back to topic - for the L-dials these prices are :animal_rooster:

i dont think anybody who can think somehow straigt will pay 10000 :shock: - maybe in 10 years ?

cheers,

Frank

outch ! :black_eye:;)

back to topic - for the L-dials these prices are :animal_rooster:

Oh I could go on about him, no probs ;-)

We've had few head on collisions over there in the past at the time I used to post on 'risti more frequently (under different member handle, of course B) )

Life's good... :)

As soon as someone buys the 9b for 10k... everyone will follow and get their panties in a bunch whenever a 9BL comes out, and the flippers will raise the price to 13k.... and someone will buy it at that price too... This is why we're all in this situation now.... greed promoting greed.

I'll stick to reps and frankens from now on for these stupidly priced gens... I'm outta there :victory:

Well, ive always wanted this watch. Its a holy grail for me. The 009 is what panerais are all about. Stealth, industrial and that beautiful simple dial makes it such a stunning watch.

I have the 004, 009, 026, 028 and the 195 in reps, and ive never been quite satisfied. The pvd is always a bit of and so on.

Since i have the money, and my birthday is coming up, ive decided to go for it. Im going to see the watch on wednesday and decide from there.

Im going to try and get the price down a bit, but all in all i think im getting it. These are so rarely for sale, and last time i saw one, it was snatched up in no time.

You might wanna watch the for sale section soon. There might be a bunch of pvd panerais coming up for sale, Ha Ha.

Anyways i really apreciate you guys venting your opinions about the watch.

There is just so much knowledge here, and im thrilled to be part of this forum.

Funny enough. A matching watch just came up on paneristi. Its in sweden, and the guy wants 9900 euro for it. The pvd is in better condition though, but one of the straps is missing.

This deal seems better and better.