When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I

sander

I often think the same thing when i post something that i have spent a long time working on and i know that ziggy has felt the same way in the past, that he does not get any feedback on his posts and work, i think that some times people feel that it is a post out of there leauge as i certainly did with your dial post, the work making things like that is just above and beyond what many people can do and there for maybe feel that they have not comment to add.

Very much the way i felt when i read the thread about thrying to bake titainium into tantlium color, i got my case out and got playing, posted my results but just seamed to have to chemistry teachers talking over my head and got no feed back so i put the watch back together and got back on with life, and i still love the color i got, just these damn rollys stop me wearing it!

Completely understand where you're coming from, sander! Could be just as Andy said; the expertise and effort to perform that level of modification is not something that just anyone can do ;) I know that I most likely could not perform that task! Yikes! That's a very complex bit of work!

Sander dont be disheartened by the lack of reply's, many people learned from what you show, If only you could quantify what i personal have learned and continue to learn from posts like this on RWG, 5 years ago i was made up when i made a new pearl for a crappy seadweller, last year i made my own regulator!

What we prove day afterday is that what some would say is not possible is possible with time, knowledge, perseverance and a will to make some thing happen. So keep doing what you do, I will learn from it for sure! And i have attended horologial school recently! and you don't learn shit like that there!

I understand your disappointment but this is not a mod that many people can attempt. I suspect you would find there are many more views than there are posts as people don't know what to say other than great work. So please don't get discouraged. I have read and reread your original thread several times now. :thumbsupsmileyanim: It is an approach I never thought of.

I have been pursuing a gen dial AP ROO for years and posted pics of the first I did a couple of years ago. I copied MBW's approach on their original franken AP ROO's a number of years ago as my priority was getting the offset pushers right. So like MBW I added an ETA/DD equivalent movement, modified the case to lower the crown and then added the gen dial and hands. But I found your write-up very interesting so please keep doing it.

Oh, dry those eyes Sander! You're thread was kind of beyond comprehension in difficulty level!! One hell of a feat - would be easier to save up for a gen! While you may have broken new ground in terms of accuracy, the amount of work makes it so unattainable for most that perhaps there was a disconnect. One thing's for sure: you must have the steady hands of a brain surgeon to make that work. :clapping:

I thank you for your time and effort in putting that thread together - it represents the X factor (to the nth degree!) of why most commoners do not understand how deep this hobby can be. :victory:

I hear you on that. I have felt a bit that way in the past too. Unless you hit the mark on popularity it seems that amazing posts such as yours can fall un-noticed. Although a better indicator of interest is probably quantity of views vs. number of posts. In any case you have accomplished an amazing mod that basically no one else can or has done and it is on your wrist every day (at least I'd hope it is). That is something no one else can say. So enjoy your 1 of 1 on the planet.

I often think the same thing when i post something that i have spent a long time working on and i know that The Zigmeister has felt the same way in the past, that he does not get any feedback on his posts and work, i think that some times people feel that it is a post out of there leauge as i certainly did with your dial post, the work making things like that is just above and beyond what many people can do and there for maybe feel that they have not comment to add.

Very much the way i felt when i read the thread about thrying to bake titainium into tantlium color, i got my case out and got playing, posted my results but just seamed to have to chemistry teachers talking over my head and got no feed back so i put the watch back together and got back on with life, and i still love the color i got, just these damn rollys stop me wearing it!

+1 well said Andy and spot on :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree with what FxrAndy said, sometimes, a modification post is of such skill or complexity, people might be so intimidated by the complexity, they may feel their only comment, if they even 'feel worthy' of forwarding an opinion on the subject, is 'nice work :good: ' Something else to bear in mind, is the the APROO is not one of the most 'regularly seen' watches. Sure, they are popular, and really nice watches (I often contemplate getting one myself) but I don't see many of them regularly in the wristshots. I think had the same post been about modifying a Rolex Daytona, an IWC 3717 or an Omega Moonwatch, I'm sure you would have received much more feedback :) Don't let it get you down, you did an excellent piece of work, and have well and truly proven your skills :good::victory::drinks:

I feel ashamed :cry2: ... I read your posts all the time sander and sometimes i just do not reply...mostly in awe

I am an AP fan at heart and hope you never stopp posting your super stuff

actually i think the board hes been quite slow and less activety lately

+ frankens all over the place at the moment too.....

Best of Timekeeping

Gunnar :group: