When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

spring loaded T48 crowns

t

Doc,

The main issue is the inside opening. The spring loaded get too thick and they don't fit. Can you measure the inside/outside of the tubes?

It sounded like T was asking for the tube diameter, not the inside opening. See above, or right below :)

not the hole diameter... the diameter of the complete tube

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you Drulee

this are the things i need. The inside diameter is to small... i know it because i have a sample case.

I think the best would if we work with a stem adapter... i would produce 0.9mm crowns only and would install a 1.2/0.9mm stem adapter on it... so the crown is fixable on a 1.2mm stem

this is the best way

i could produce a tube with the crowns... but changing the tube is very difficult and all people would need a special tool.... working with a stem adapter is easy and everybody can do it with simple watchmaker tools

what you guys think?

is this the way we should going on?... 0.9mm crown + stem adapter?

or you want another way? A new tube?

Cartel Old-Style 44mm Daylight (PAM 196) - 4.44mm

Unknown Older Titanium 44mm manual wind (with s/n on lug corners) - 4.44mm

JacksonTse Titanium manual wind - 4.5mm

Unknown old 44mm manual wind case that standard case backs won't fit - 3.16mm

Drulee, the measurements you posted here are of the crown tube neck, the wider bit that sits outside of the case not the tube body itself.

I believe T's asking about the diameter or a tube body, i.e. the part of the tube that sits inside the case.

To measure this you will have to either remove the tube from the case, or have a spare tube on its own.

I have two cartel spares and they both measure around 3mm mark (2.99mm and 3.02mm)

However if T decides not to go down the new tube path, all this is irrelevant, anyway.

cheers,

b

I've made a lot of custom crown tubes for builds in order to fit various Gen crowns... there are a lot of different sizes. best thing to do is make the outside diameter of the new crown tube larger... large enough that it will fit all applications and then you can specify the drill number that is needed to enlarge the case's hole to fit the new tube. All cases will now be able to get a new tube and anyone can drill this hole relatively easily...

i don´t think that everybody can drill the hole easily

I need to build a crown who could installed by a noob, too.

i know the long time members are very knowledgeable and could overwork the case/tube/crown... but this people are 10% only. 90% of the other guys can´t do it. 50% of my customers can´t install a simple T48 crown. Most of this people can´t remove the stem and many people don´t know how to open the caseback. So i need a solution who would help ALL - not the experts only. The noobs would buy a expensive "spring loaded" crowns and would pay additional high costs for a modder + shipping etc... all in all it would make this "crown update" very expensive for all this people. This is not what i am looking for. My intention is to build a "spring loaded" crown for a acceptable price and the convert should doable by EVERYONE. So i need a "easy" solution.

I know many people think "WOOOOOW Mr. T selling hundrets of crowns and making ***** good money". But this is not my intention. For every new update on a crown i need to pay again the costs for the tools. Half of my profit goes to the German tax office as i am a official seller and sell all crowns with an official receipt. And i have a lot of paperwork for every order (invoice, customs declaration, packaging etc.) and try to ship all order out within 24 hours. All in all this is not a very profitable deal for me if i can´t sell "the maximum quantity" of crowns. And i can sell the maximum quantity of crowns ONLY when i build a crown who is useful for ALL people (experts and noobs).

I am very sorry for the PAM experts who would like to see a "1.2 crown + perfect tube". But i prefer the more "poor" solution with the "0.9mm crown + 1.2/0.9 stem adapter".

i hope all members agreed????

let me know

Edited by t

T, would it be possible to produce certain quantity of 0.9 6497 stems together with crowns, so anyone who would like to use your crown for hand-wound PAM, just buy additional stem from you. That way you would cover all basis. I'm quite sure that stem extender will not work on 44mm cases - there just not enough space there to put stem extender.

regards

HOLY Crap

Why the hell did I sell those FU and Ultimate cases???

Kylan and Doc, get on a plane and fly to the Rhine to help get this done!! I'll pack Rex in your suitcase

If any one has a 44mm hand wound pam in bits right now, could they tell how much thread they can see from the end of the crown to where the thread stops on the stem as long as you have more than 2.3mm of thread then the stem extender will work

THe new style Hex tubes would be quite an achievement, no?

If any one has a 44mm hand wound pam in bits right now, could they tell how much thread they can see from the end of the crown to where the thread stops on the stem as long as you have more than 2.3mm of thread then the stem extender will work

Here you go, T-crown with stem cut for 44mm case

SANY0403.jpg

regards

• 4 weeks later...

spring loaded crowns are in production

first sample will have in 4 weeks

all crowns are for 0.9mm stem... but i will offer Unitas stems with recessed 0.9mm thread. Sadly a 0.9mm thread for Unitas is not available from ETA. So i need to cut the 1.2mm thread to 0.9mm with an 100 year old watchmaker tool... by hand :black_eye:

YES! Spring loaded T crowns, what more could you ask for .... well let's get those first, then we can start bugging T for other things :D

Thanks for all your time and effort in providing these for us T :)

Perhaps we can somehow set your business up as a Community Service Provider - do they get any tax breaks in Germany :D

spring loaded crowns are in production

first sample will have in 4 weeks

all crowns are for 0.9mm stem... but i will offer Unitas stems with recessed 0.9mm thread. Sadly a 0.9mm thread for Unitas is not available from ETA. So i need to cut the 1.2mm thread to 0.9mm with an 100 year old watchmaker tool... by hand :black_eye:

Great news t, thanks for doing this ! Eagerly awaiting for availability. :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

regards