When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

spring loaded T48 crowns

t

Hi RWG poeple

long time i was away from RWG and had no time for my customers. I am sorry but i was very busy.

I am working on the new "spring loaded" T48 crowns. The 0.9mm crowns are OK but i have a small problem with the 1.2mm crowns

The tube on the rep case is 2.0 mm only (i have a sample case from PURETIME). A spring loaded crown is not available for a small diameter in 2.0mm.

My question: are all rep case tube have a inner diameter of 2.0mm? Any other tubes existing? How much are the inner diameter of the tubes from DSN and other dealers?

We would have 2 options to solve the problem:

1. all customers need to refinish the inner diameter of the tube to 2.2mm

2. I need to produce new tubes coming with the crowns

option 1 is very badly but option 2 would make all more expensive.

some ideas how we could solve the problem?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you have to produce also the case-tube for this crown.

when you order a gen crown you get always a case-tube together.

so you need also the measurements of the case-tube with inside gasket.

rolli

Hi RWG poeple

long time i was away from RWG and had no time for my customers. I am sorry but i was very busy.

I am working on the new "spring loaded" T48 crowns. The 0.9mm crowns are OK but i have a small problem with the 1.2mm crowns

The tube on the rep case is 2.0 mm only (i have a sample case from PURETIME). A spring loaded crown is not available for a small diameter in 2.0mm.

My question: are all rep case tube have a inner diameter of 2.0mm? Any other tubes existing? How much are the inner diameter of the tubes from DSN and other dealers?

We would have 2 options to solve the problem:

1. all customers need to refinish the inner diameter of the tube to 2.2mm

2. I need to produce new tubes coming with the crowns

option 1 is very badly but option 2 would make all more expensive.

some ideas how we could solve the problem?

Buggar I'd forgotten about the tubes. On my 003 I had to drill the hole bigger to fit the tube in .

My sprung loaded crown is without doubt the best crown you could hope for but it takes effort.

A thinner tube that's the same diameter where it connects to the case would be the easiest option.

Please keep up the good work T we appreciate your efforts.

i think you have to produce also the case-tube for this crown.

when you order a gen crown you get always a case-tube together.

rolli

That would be a sweet deal. I think there would be many takers if you included the tube. Thanks for the opportunity E.

Ok option 2

but are all tubes on the rep case the same? Is the tube on a CARTEL case the same like on the DSN case? I can produce one tube only coming with the crowns. And i need to be sure that all the tubes on all case are the same measurements. May any moddder (Vac, The Zigmeister etc.) could give us more info?

Great news T ! I was hoping someone will do this since your original production of T-crowns :)

I think it will be easy to compare measurements of different tubes. I'll try to take measurements on cartel and DSN cases I have, this weekend(hand-wound and autos).

regards

T, if it helps at all...

Cartel crown tubes come in different varieties and inner diameters as well, depending on when and where the watch was acquired.

I have cartel reps that come with rigid 1.85mm and 2mm crowns (measured at neck), as well as 2.2mm spring-loaded crown that came on 001B from Eddie Lee in 2006.

The crown tubes on these will be of inner diameter to support crown-neck diameter of these crowns, although a little wider (never measured it though) as you have to factor in the inner o-ring seal that sits inside the crown tube to provide greater water tightness.

DSN crowns are almost exclusively 2.2mm at the neck.

In general, DSN crown tube will fit the standard cartel case. I have done this transplant successfully few years ago, but cannot guarantee if the same applies to his more recent cases/tubes.

cheers,

b

Let me take some crown tube pics from a few "odd" cases I have, along with a JacksonTse case, and send them to you. (probably tomorrow morning) Then if you think they are different than the Cartel/DSN ones, I'll send them to you.

Great to see some spring loaded T crowns being made :)

T is is possible to produce only the 0.9mm crown and then if someone (most people) wants fit a 1.2mm crown then use the stem adapters that are available from bolley, in 1.2mm crown to 0.9mm stem or 0.9 crown to 1.2 stem (A wellen verlangerung)I think it would be fiddly as you would end up with a short stem then the adapter in too the crown and then the crown but it would simplify production and help keep costs down?

Cartel Old-Style 44mm Daylight (PAM 196) - 4.44mm

Unknown Older Titanium 44mm manual wind (with s/n on lug corners) - 4.44mm

JacksonTse Titanium manual wind - 4.5mm

Unknown old 44mm manual wind case that standard case backs won't fit - 3.16mm