When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen 24A

Dani

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read a thread where a prestige member said it could come, thats many months ago :(

Few more models are on the cards, and some non-subs if he manages to source the particular ETA movements he's after. Let's just hope his case maker fixes the issue with stubby lugs and position of the CG that's currently sitting too high on the side of his 'auto' cases. :rolleyes:

Its a shame that hes going down the swiss ETA route, as its going to push it up in $$$ a bit to much for me right now but I'm likely to change my mind once they are out

No worries mate, his 24/25 subs will come in two flavors, A7750 and ETA7750. You're safe :)

Should be few more weeks though, not too long.

Fingers crossed everything comes out as planned. Cheers!

If David is actually working on fixing the CG he needs to do a lot more than adjust its position on the case.

Crown guard, as well as a bolder date wheel. I commend him for his custom fonts, but that are still lacking in thickness.

If David is actually working on fixing the CG he needs to do a lot more than adjust its position on the case.

I wouldn't bet on it mate. And I know what you mean...the lever is too centered for pre-G series CG, the top is too flat...you name it it's full of issues :( I was planning in replacing the CG with a cartel one anyway...;-)

There are other issues of course, like thinner and lighter casebacks he uses, but I don't see that fixed any time soon, importunately. The c/back engraving is also substandard, yeah...I know what you mean.

There isn't much to say... Major kudos to David for working on this but I believe when it comes out you'll most likely end up with this:

badly shaped case

overbeveled crown

terrible crownguard (there's really nothing to good i can say about dsn crownguards post-2007)

thin font datewheel / weak mag cyclops

caseback cut out of a tin can

good handstack

good dial

great dealer

if the bezel/ratchet assembly can go into 199 ultimate and jakob makes a caseback for this one i'll get one.. hell i'll probably get one cause noone else is making one.

There isn't much to say... Major kudos to David for working on this but I believe when it comes out you'll most likely end up with this:

badly shaped case

overbeveled crown

terrible crownguard (there's really nothing to good i can say about dsn crownguards post-2007)

thin font datewheel / weak mag cyclops

caseback cut out of a tin can

good handstack

good dial

great dealer

if the bezel/ratchet assembly can go into 199 ultimate and jakob makes a caseback for this one i'll get one.. hell i'll probably get one cause noone else is making one.

So in other words the watch will end up as one shitty rep, that needs like 10mods to even be somewhat close :( why cant this people get things right? i am wondering about this very much, like if they have a deal whit all the brands to always make some big flaws.

It's not set in stone. I'm speaking from my previous experience and I doubt that David will manufacture all parts for this watch from scratch, he'll most likely keep using his current interchangeable stock till he runs out.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this more than anyone, 24A is one of my favorite PAMs.

I've actually sent a long list of 'preferred improvements' to him few weeks ago. The guys that know me from before know how obsessed with detail I could be. The list wasn't exactly half page long as I wouldn't like to p$ss of the Master ;-)

I also raised an issue of 24A having 12 bezel clicks...I believe after that his case maker probably swore at me <_<

Still no reply...if anything comes my way that's interesting to the rest of community in this respect, I'll post it here for sure.

cheers,

b

If we could just get a decent case, caseback and CG I'd be in heaven. The dials and hands are usually good so I'm not worried about that and the rest can be corrected. 2-tone relume from the ziggmeister, tourby or palp crown and takashi's datewheel and you're done :)

Ok...so received the not-so-good reply today. The 24A 12-click bezel fact wasn't considered, so DSN will try to rectify that.

There are 4 subs in production, 24A/D and 25A/D - this has been confirmed, so we don't have to guess anymore. The production of the new re-edition of PAM029 GMT is currently hindered by issues around ETA- 2893-A2 GMT mov't availability, so it may not happen at all. ETA-2836 with add-on GMT module is an option, but neither DSN nor many of us are too keen on thas idea.

All that aside, I really need an assistance from the community to confirm/discuss the following before re-confirming with DSN:

1) PAM 024A S/S

- polished S/S case, polished S/S bezel and studs, no hash marks

- 12 bezel clicks

- matte black dial finish (or is it deeper jet black dial finish?)

- no metal circles around dial markers

2) PAM 024D S/S

- polished S/S case, brushed S/S bezel with polished studs, with 15min hash marks

- 60 bezel clicks

- jet black dial finish (or is it matte black dial finish?)

1) PAM 025A Ti

- brushed Ti case, brushed Ti bezel and studs, no hash marks

- 12 bezel clicks

- matte black dial with waffle finish (or is it deeper jet black dial waffle finish?)

2) PAM 025D Ti

- brushed Ti case, brushed bezel with polished studs, with 15min hash marks

- 60 bezel clicks

- jet black dial waffle finish (or is it matte black dial waffle finish?)

Anything major I missed?

He's already sorted casebacks and serials for the respective series.

Let's confirm/add/remove from the list above to get this Sub project rolling faster, guys.

So far I only know of one setback, new 24A bezel with 12 clicks will have to be made. Let's hope there aren't other details DSN missed B)

thanks,

b

Regarding the 25A, I have a 25B which is basically the same as the A series and the dial is matte and the rest of your list is correct.

Thanks mate,

much appreciated! Will send the list to DSN for reference. BTW, it's scary that at this stage of a project (last weeks) he still requires this pretty much basic model info.

Let's hope everything comes out OK.

cheers,

b

What color of the lume will be used for the 024A model? A mix that will meet the color of already years old Tritium dial + hands? Maybe the color of the lume also should be considered for the 024A.

What color of the lume will be used for the 024A model? A mix that will meet the color of already years old Tritium dial + hands? Maybe the color of the lume also should be considered for the 024A.

He's already done the dial and hands.

Pretty much close to his 27/28/A PR models.

all I want is the Ti case... I'll do the rest myself. Feanken 106 time indeed!! As for the 029... I wouldn't get too excited as his 029 dial wasn't great... and his handset he's got is 1000% wrong... I'm looking forward to seeing what DSN comes to market with.

• 1 month later...