When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen 24A

Dani

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSN rejected some non compliant parts? :shock: Usually he builds watches with those... Hell is freezing over.

:whistling:

I don't know if there is much choice of suppliers for this model, so it will be a good show if he gets it done.

Hopefully, any defects will be easily corrected afterwards.

At the moment I'm thinking of waiting for DSN or going for a PAM243 and having it modded by Goin.

BTW: DSN said that it will come with both Swiss and Asian movements. Didn't say anything about price though...

PS: This is not the first time the watch is postponed so let's not get our hopes up...

Cheers,

Catalin

Edited by Collin24

Yes, I hope so too but I'm a realist. I've been awaiting DSN24A since November 2009 when I emailed DSN asking about it and he told me it would be out in January 2010. I really want him to break his track record for abysmal cases, crownguards, crowns, datewheels, casebacks and general lack of attention to detail. I know the dial, hands and movement will be solid as is the case with majority of his recent projects.

The fact that DSN is taking his time can only be a good thing. I'm sure the watch will be pretty special once it finally arrives, any polished bezel'd sub will be warmly welcomed and given the fact no else is making them we should commend Mr Davidsen for his efforts. I have concerns movement wise, he informed me that he was fitting them with swiss movements and that wil push it out of my price range for a while so fingers crossed for an A7750 version. I don't profess that DSN's watches are perfect but they more than meet my needs and out of the box they are hard to beat , though I do hope he's improves on the crystal mag smile.gif

From what DSN told me, he will be offering this watch with bot Swiss and Asian movements.

Couldn't get anything about the price, anyone have an idea what will the final price for the Swiss version be?

Cheers,

Catalin

The fact that DSN is taking his time can only be a good thing. I'm sure the watch will be pretty special once it finally arrives, any polished bezel'd sub will be warmly welcomed and given the fact no else is making them we should commend Mr Davidsen for his efforts. I have concerns movement wise, he informed me that he was fitting them with swiss movements and that wil push it out of my price range for a while so fingers crossed for an A7750 version. I don't profess that DSN's watches are perfect but they more than meet my needs and out of the box they are hard to beat , though I do hope he's improves on the crystal mag smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Some bits are so close to 1:1 it's actually scary, IMO.

The dial looks great so do hands and polished cannon pin. Bezel is great on both models.

What isn't good are the standard DSN 'signature' bits like thin DW font, thin CG and crown with over-beveled teeth, chunky mis-shapen lugs and roughly engraved caseback.

Most of these bits can be fixed, unfortunately not without extra $$ added to the mix.

The DW mag is slightly larger than it should be, and there's missing 1860 on the 24A caseback. Both of these are minor, and shouldn't be hard to fix in his second production run.

All in all, a nice product IMO...with few bits to be addressed by modding and replacing :)

His 24A has unidirectional bezel with 12 clicks.

His 25D has unidirectional bezel with 60 clicks.

So, which one is true to gen? Or is it that both are true to gen and I'm just an idiot sub newbie? :bangin:

They're both true to gens, mate :-) Actually that was the very reason DSN delayed his Sub release, the first batch of 24A had 60 clicks by mistake.

All good...:-)

Need a little help from Sub-heads here...I've been communicating with DSN re few things, oversized cyclop included. He would like to know what is the gen 24/25 cyclop size so that he can make the correct one on his second run? His current cyclop is 7.5mm, I believe gen 24/25 before G-series had 6mm cyclops?

Gen and franken Sub owners, could you provide your input here, please? Thanks!

BTW, the CG, crown and DW will stay, they won't change as it's been confirmed by DSN himself.

The missing 1860 CB engraving will also be fixed in the second run.

cheers,

b