When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cool watches in movies and tv!?

Bobbywaingro

Lately i´ve found myself watching wrists when watching movies or my favorite tv-shows (sometimes missing the plot altogether)

So as the topic suggests, do you have a favorite celebrity our character in a movie or tv-show who really wears his (or hers) watch well?

James Bond and Steve Mcqueen must be the first moviestars that is so linked to "their" pieces, but are there others that has the power of making such a profound link to a watch in this day, or is productplacement such a heavy influance on the entertainment industry so it just "here today, gone tomorrow"?

What do you think

Edited by Bobbywaingro

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing that comes to mind for me Is James Bond, Rolex and Omega. Oh yea. I remember one scene where Roger More uses the bezel as a power saw to cut the ropes holding his hands, I think thats the way It went down :g: Pulp Fiction when Christopher Walken keeps that watch up his ass for all those years, so he could give It to that kid. Talk about dysentery :shock: Not a pretty picture :huh:

If anyone in the US watches NCIS (the original one), they will notice agent Gibbs wearing an Omega PloProf on a orange rubber band (really hard to miss in certain shots).

B)

NCIS is a good one for watches... DiNozzo has worn a Rolex Sub, a Pumpkin Planet Ocean, and some kind of Yacht-Master-esque watch. Gibbs has also worn the Pumpkin PO, and I'm sure that following his book sales, McGee wore a TT Daytona :)

If anyone in the US watches NCIS (the original one), they will notice agent Gibbs wearing an Omega PloProf on a orange rubber band (really hard to miss in certain shots).

cool.gif

I saw an episode of NCIS last week (re-run on USA network) and Gibbs was wearing an Orange bezeled PO - I think. Later on in the episode the watch was on Agent Denozo's wrist.

As far as specific watches being associated with individuals, I'd wager that a good chunk of Chase-Durers were sold because of Michael Westen!

The soon-to-be-put-out-of-its-misery '24' has been Doxa central for several seasons, but I don't think the brand has really made the most of its ties to Jack Bauer.

I saw an episode of NCIS last week (re-run on USA network) and Gibbs was wearing an Orange bezeled PO - I think. Later on in the episode the watch was on Agent Denozo's wrist.

FYI-

Just this morning, Michael Weatherly was on the CBS morning news (plays DiZozo on NCIS), and he was in fact wearing a pumpkin Planet Ocean. So I figure what we see, at least on that show, are the actors' personal watches and are probably all gen and not just props.

Cheers B)