When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

yukiwatch brandnew 2824-2 movements

aeromatic

Superb. Great finishing touch to a Tudor project.

Not cheap, I imagine!

149usd! plus shipping!not so expensive! perfect for my tudor project!

for that price, it is probably a clone movement. Probably a sea-gull

The Tudor logo on the rotor and other markings look to be a sticker and not actual engravings.

we will have to see one in the flesh but at this price its ok for a budget build ,for a super franken best to find a gen tudor movement i never noticed the sticker look on the rotor tudor writing looks a bit deep to be a sticker? you could be right! still as i said it a good price for a budget build i have a 1970s gen 2783 eta that i was going to fit a yuki tudor rotor on! for my tudor nodate sub project but im not sure which way to go as i have the movement in my 5512 sub as i prefer slow beat none hacking movements in vintage subs!

Edited by aeromatic

for that price, it is probably a clone movement. Probably a sea-gull

I don't think you can judge that by the price. A new 2824 is only $129 from Ofrei. However, looking closely at the pics there are a few tells that it is likely a clone. Shock protection does not have three notches and the plate on the LHS of the face does not have the proper sized cutouts to remove the datewheel. Only better pictures would help us identify concretely. Looks good though.

Edited by krpster

I don't think you can judge that by the price. A new 2824 is only $129 from Ofrei. However, looking closely at the pics there are a few tells that it is likely a clone. Shock protection does not have three notches and the plate on the LHS of the face does not have the proper sized cutouts to remove the datewheel. Only better pictures would help us identify concretely. Looks good though.

interesting points the price is ok for the movement as you say and bulk buying will also lower the purchase price

yuki is trying to find a cheaper altenative than fitting a gen movement so for me i would be ok with this movement for a budget build my 6538 grail watch gen movement cost me almost 1500usd i can not afford to do other project so expensive so i would be happy for my other projects with a reliable movement gen or clone! this may be a lower price range eta as ETA do have a factory in china and can turn out lower priced etas.

Edited by aeromatic

I will only purchase the movement ring from Stilty.. Support our fellow members.

I was in China on biz.. and noted that this year the Chinese rep factories have introduced many new vintage models, 6542 GMT with 2836-2 movement (Swiss service Dial, 1675 bezel insert, and Silver datewheel), 7836 folded bracelet, 1655.. a lot of no CG Sub... I think the cartels will be able to get them soon.

Flex

I will only purchase the movement ring from Stilty.. Support our fellow members.

I was in China on biz.. and noted that this year the Chinese rep factories have introduced many new vintage models, 6542 GMT with 2836-2 movement (Swiss service Dial, 1675 bezel insert, and Silver datewheel), 7836 folded bracelet, 1655.. a lot of no CG Sub... I think the cartels will be able to get them soon.

Flex

Hi There flex! thanks for info some of these new vintages are already available im very interested in the 6542 gmt this is a watch iv been waiting for for my next project so i will be looking out for it! trusty has some of these in now

"I will only purchase the movement ring from Stilty.. Support our fellow members."

Me too. I feel the same way.

Take the 'Rolex Sea-Dweller 1665 replacement helium escape valve' for instance...the one Y*** sells for $100. If someone needed one, maybe a member would be willing to make one for less and benefit the buyer and seller.

Besides...the hardest part is machining the hole, gasket seat, and spring seat in the case and this is not included.

I am an admitted cheapskate and have a problem with the $100 price tag for the valve because I bought a couple vintage style 'COMEX' no date watches from 'Paul' with genuine Eta movements for $159 each a few years back, both with working relief valves.

I encourage anyone who is serious about this hobby (or any hobby dealing with small expensive lathe made parts), to invest in a small lathe and learn how to make many of these special parts.

Sherline is my choice but many brands are available.

http://www.sherline.com/lathes.htm

"I will only purchase the movement ring from Stilty.. Support our fellow members."

Me too. I feel the same way.

Take the 'Rolex Sea-Dweller 1665 replacement helium escape valve' for instance...the one Y*** sells for $100. If someone needed one, maybe a member would be willing to make one for less and benefit the buyer and seller.

Besides...the hardest part is machining the hole, gasket seat, and spring seat in the case and this is not included.

I am an admitted cheapskate and have a problem with the $100 price tag for the valve because I bought a couple vintage style 'COMEX' no date watches from 'Paul' with genuine Eta movements for $159 each a few years back, both with working relief valves.

I encourage anyone who is serious about this hobby (or any hobby dealing with small expensive lathe made parts), to invest in a small lathe and learn how to make many of these special parts.

Sherline is my choice but many brands are available.

http://www.sherline.com/lathes.htm

we make a lot of parts on lathes crystal retaining rings, bezel rings new acrylic crystals ect the problem is that these have to be made specialy for each watch there is no standard sizes many different factory cases, not all cases are made to gen specs/sizes, movements is a different matter (our subject here) these have to be purchased some prices are good some are not. im all for supporting members on RWG and helping whenever i can! thanks for the link i will check it out!