When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Part Number Reference?

HauteHippie

Hi all,

I'm sure some of the experts must know... Where can I find a Rolex part number reference guide? Not only for case parts, but also for internal movement parts?

Thanks!

Chief.

You can find some of the part numbers on the jules borel site, not all, but it may help.

There are "copies" on the bay. 350243292114 A bit pricey for a "copy". But it is 300+ pages.

I asked him about them a while ago. Never bought a set. I wanted them in PDF, but he only has paper copies. Why PDF? That way it would be easier to share with friends and split the cost! Kinda like rippin' a CD to MP3 and sharing!

I wonder how much work it would be to create a PDF booklet of all 300+ pages? Say, get 10 friends to commit to $25-$30 each? Cost for the paper version is $180+ shipping. One could make a few bucks for their time creating the PDF. Say charge $30 each, make $100 for their time after paying for the paper version.

This way, we could all save some money, and save a few trees by only printing out what we need. I know I don't need all 300 pages, but it would be nice to have them all for reference.

Anyone want to take on the task? I'd do it, but I have zero free time! But I'd be willing to throw down a deposit if one wants to make a nice digital pdf booklet.... it would need chapters and everything. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey Chief,

I have one of the movement parts copies at home. If you tell the movement you are looking for I can send you copies or take a picture. I don't have too many case parts but would also be interested as well. Thanks!!!!

There are "copies" on the bay. 350243292114 A bit pricey for a "copy". But it is 300+ pages.

I asked him about them a while ago. Never bought a set. I wanted them in PDF, but he only has paper copies. Why PDF? That way it would be easier to share with friends and split the cost! Kinda like rippin' a CD to MP3 and sharing!

I wonder how much work it would be to create a PDF booklet of all 300+ pages? Say, get 10 friends to commit to $25-$30 each? Cost for the paper version is $180+ shipping. One could make a few bucks for their time creating the PDF. Say charge $30 each, make $100 for their time after paying for the paper version.

This way, we could all save some money, and save a few trees by only printing out what we need. I know I don't need all 300 pages, but it would be nice to have them all for reference.

Anyone want to take on the task? I'd do it, but I have zero free time! But I'd be willing to throw down a deposit if one wants to make a nice digital pdf booklet.... it would need chapters and everything. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey Chief,

I have one of the movement parts copies at home. If you tell the movement you are looking for I can send you copies or take a picture. I don't have too many case parts but would also be interested as well. Thanks!!!!

I think that I have the 300 page copied manual from the link. I would be willing to mail it to someone in the US if they wanted to scan it into a PDF (within a reasonable time). That would save some costs. I am out of town for the weekend but will double check when I get home.

The problem with these reprints is that the images/details are poor & difficult to see. Scanning and converting 1 of these to PDF from may not result in a very usable reference. If you can locate an original service manual (you can tell an original because they have black & green print (not just black)), then that would be worth scanning.

Very true freddy. But from what I was told, the genuine article is around $600!

Ideally it would be great to get these sheets as well.

Interesting, I've never thought to use grease on the caseback threads or back of caseback, i've only greased the gasket, but I don't see instruction to grease the caseback gasket, or the outer tube gaseket. Anyone know if this is just standard silicone grease that Rolex is using?

GMTmaster02.jpg

Freddy is 100% correct. The copies are not very good quality. It would be nice to ge an orginal copy to scan. I would be willing to chip in for one of those copies. If you are still interested in the copied version my offer still stands. With this great site, I am sure that we could pool together a great resource guide.

I just got home and I do have the catalog that was linked earlier. I also have the 2nd and 3rd service manuals that have detailed information on a lot of calibers (1520-1525, 3075-1385, 4030, 5035-5055, 3000, 2030, 3035-3055, 3135-3155-3175-3185). I also have a few other miscellaneous information booklets with information. The service guides are few good quality but also a lot of pages (probably as many as the other catalog). I am sure that there is more information out there . It sure would be great if we could get everything.

Interesting, I've never thought to use grease on the caseback threads or back of caseback, i've only greased the gasket, but I don't see instruction to grease the caseback gasket, or the outer tube gaseket. Anyone know if this is just standard silicone grease that Rolex is using?

For vintage Rolexes, Kt 22. Not sure about current/modern models.

Freddy is 100% correct. The copies are not very good quality. It would be nice to ge an orginal copy to scan. I would be willing to chip in for one of those copies. If you are still interested in the copied version my offer still stands. With this great site, I am sure that we could pool together a great resource guide.

As long as I can identify the parts in the technical breakdown of the movement, and the associated part numbers are readable, that's all I need. It doesn't have to be first run quality for me.

I just got home and I do have the catalog that was linked earlier. I also have the 2nd and 3rd service manuals that have detailed information on a lot of calibers (1520-1525, 3075-1385, 4030, 5035-5055, 3000, 2030, 3035-3055, 3135-3155-3175-3185). I also have a few other miscellaneous information booklets with information. The service guides are few good quality but also a lot of pages (probably as many as the other catalog). I am sure that there is more information out there . It sure would be great if we could get everything.

I'm pretty sure the copier at work can do PDF files.... I'll look in to it this week.