When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swapping Out Dials

Watchmeister

Swap or Not?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Swap 24 Dial into 170?

• Yes. Great Idea
    • No. It looks Awful
    • No. Looks good but touching a gen is blasphemous

I have had a 170 for a number of years now and although I will never sell it am actually getting a little bored with the anthracite dial. Over the years I have also picked up additional traditional sub t-dials awaiting the next 24A project, etc. It occurred to me why not swap out the dials. Bear in mind this is not about permanently changing the watch but rather swapping out the dials and putting away the original for safekeeping. Curious to get folks' views. Here are some pics:

AS IS:

DSCN1582.jpg

DIAL TO BE SWAPPED:

DSCN1583.jpg

PATHETIC OVERLAY TO GIVE A SENSE OF WHAT IT COULD LOOK LIKE:

DSCN1585.jpg

NOTHING TO DO WITH THE QUESTION BUT I CAME UPON A ZIGGY TRITIUM RELUME IN THE PARTS BOX WHICH WAS SO GOOD I HAD TO SHOW IT (they even glow the same):

DSCN1586.jpg

You're right but I can always send the watch in for service if it gets screwed up. :lol:

Just make sure you send it in with the original dial - or Panerai won't touch it ;) - BTW: I love the way the dial looks on the 170 and would not change it...but that's just me :)

cheers

WR

Go and play with your reps W, leave the gens alone...LOL! :-)

Seriously, I'd leave it be...but that's me.

There's something particularly attractive about polished S/S case/bracelet in combination with the brushed anthracite dial with polished circles around hour markers.