When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-V Case project - Lates Pics on Page 4

Watchmeister

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to Babola's statement above, the 209 & 210 preV models also come in a contemporary long-lug case set single screw design akin to OP6500.

W's case is for 201/a,202/a,203/a,205a,207/a models.

That particular 209/210 topic is a very tricky one.

A lot of 'Risti have been scratching their heads over the case/CG specs as no one has seen a real pic of these for a while (they were basically a handful of prototypes) until Maurits posted photos of both the 209 and 210. They seem to come in pre-V case with thick brushed pre-V CG, but single lug-screw design like contemporary cases. This went slightly against what Dirk G stated, though but Dirk never posted any photos to support his theory.

So if this is anything to go by, all W's CNC maker needs for a correct 209/210 case is to drill a hole in one lug and thread the other. Old-school chunky EL 005 case would be a perfect fit, for example.

cheers,

b

Everyone hold your horses. :lol: What gave me the idea was having the CNC person agree to move ahead on the pre-v case based on seeing a Jimmy to make sure his shop was up to it. He felt it would be no problem.But there is a long way to go. We first have to make the Pre-V a success.

W, how about a fiddy case?

That is a whole other kettle of fish. The Eddie case is so close that I don't think it is worth the effort. A case back is one that is certainly worth the effort but I am not going there.

I would be happy with one of these Pre-V cases... let alone a nice F-series CG if we are going to go into dream land...

The CG has always been the dream. But there is a reason why it is a dream. :lol: Many people have tried and failed. As I understand it from someone who tried it that one requires a whole other level of "micro-machining". It is funny as I never realized it but all the forum aftermarket versions I have seen (Toro, Nembo/Sead, LH, etc.) were historics.

The CG has always been the dream. But there is a reason why it is a dream. :lol: Many people have tried and failed. As I understand it from someone who tried it that one requires a whole other level of "micro-machining". It is funny as I never realized it but all the forum aftermarket versions I have seen (Toro, Nembo/Sead, LH, etc.) were historics.

JF made some nice A-F CGs, didn't he ? Not that I have one, but based on pics I have seen, they do look nice.

regards

JF made some nice A-F CGs, didn't he ? Not that I have one, but based on pics I have seen, they do look nice.

regards

He did and they are legendary and expensive when available. When he retired from the parts business I inquired about his cg supplier and he had gone out of business. At that point Jimmy had no interest in finding another source. From what he said my take away was that all of his suppliers either went out of business, significantly increased their prices or let their quality go to hell. When his crystal supplier showed up with mineral crystals rather than sapphire as promised that was his last straw.

Update:

Case is back from Ziggy. Bezel has been further amended to lower the crystal a tad. Lugs have been drilled out to accept gen double screws. Interior of the case has been modified to take the 6497 with FGD dial. Case tube has been added but folks can easily replace it for whatever crown they are using. Last step before going to CNC shop is making sure Jakob case back fits. It is on the way to me now. CNC shop will make a prototype for final inspection and then... We are getting closer. :)

IMG00210-20100605-0817.jpg

IMG00209-20100605-0805.jpg

IMG00207-20100605-0803.jpg

Interior case mod - how cool is that.

IMG00208-20100605-0804.jpg

Holy mother of god!!

And I have a Jakob 203a caseback and a FGD 203a dial just sitting on my dining room table waiting for a new home

That's stunning

:thumbsupsmileyanim: