When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pre-V Case project - Lates Pics on Page 4

Watchmeister

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic effort mate.... you really have surpass all expectation.

Amazing....Kudos to you mate in bagfuls...

Will the case come with lug screws?

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

After this project, can you make the perfect standatd 44MM PAM Luminor case???? I will get down on my knees and beg if that is what it takes. I just hate the DSN & Cartel cases with the idiotic dimples.

AP :victory:

Will the case come with lug screws?

The case is fit for the Aussie offering on Ebay for 1:1 double screw pins which he sells for $22 a pair but I may check into a discount for a large number and add that to the price of the case.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

After this project, can you make the perfect standatd 44MM PAM Luminor case???? I will get down on my knees and beg if that is what it takes. I just hate the DSN & Cartel cases with the idiotic dimples.

AP :victory:

A possibility depending on how the first project goes. We have had the CNC person look at a Jimmy as a precursor to the Pre-V and he said he could do it. But the Pre-V will be the first project for sure.

And a Jimmy CG ;)

Not on my end in a million years. That is Panerai's intellectual property and as dar as I am concerned it is going to stay that way. :lol:

Great job :thumbsupsmileyanim: . Does anyone have a pic of the bezel from the top? Is the bezel as close to the pre-v as the lugs and the shape of the rest of the case?

Don't have any additional pics and not sure what you are looking for. We did modify the bezel (height, crystal seating, etc.) based on an excellent set of pics from a Pre-V expert. In any case assuming the pricing is affordable we will show pics of the prototype when it is complete so you can decide whether you like it.

Not on my end in a million years. That is Panerai's intellectual property and as dar as I am concerned it is going to stay that way. :lol:

Am I missing something here? This is a rep forum and the case you're doing is a Panerai case

:huh::blink::unsure::whistling:

The case is fit for the Aussie offering on Ebay for 1:1 double screw pins which he sells for $22 a pair but I may check into a discount for a large number and add that to the price of the case.

A possibility depending on how the first project goes. We have had the CNC person look at a Jimmy as a precursor to the Pre-V and he said he could do it. But the Pre-V will be the first project for sure.

Let me know if you want a gen case for that...might be able to help

Am I missing something here? This is a rep forum and the case you're doing is a Panerai case

:huh::blink::unsure::whistling:

No you are not missing anything. The crown guard is the intellectual property of Panerai and they will defend it. The case is not and Panerai no longer makes these particular models.

Let me know if you want a gen case for that...might be able to help

Pete-

I appreciate the thought. Having looked at a number of gens and the significant differences from model to model and year to year I concluded that the Jimmy as a generic C series was the most neutral case.

pm sent with interesting 201A disassembled images.

greetings

rolli

Thanks, will take a good look.

In addition to what Kruzer already said about the CG - the level of precision to make a quality CG requires a micro machining shop with high quality 5 axis machines similar to microlution 5100s. That is, if you want to exceed the quality of currently available parts. Large enough shops that have equipment like that in US/Canada are booked about a year in advance by semiconductor companies. In addition, many of these shops are internationally known companies, and are large and exposed enough that they keep databases of known copyrighted assemblies. Best case you'll get a nastygramm back from the shop and worst case you'll get one from the Richemont lawyers. The only solution to this would be to use offshore and less scrupulous shops.

In addition to what Kruzer already said about the CG - the level of precision to make a quality CG requires a micro machining shop with high quality 5 axis machines similar to microlution 5100s. That is, if you want to exceed the quality of currently available parts. Large enough shops that have equipment like that in US/Canada are booked about a year in advance by semiconductor companies. In addition, many of these shops are internationally known companies, and are large and exposed enough that they keep databases of known copyrighted assemblies. Best case you'll get a nastygramm back from the shop and worst case you'll get one from the Richemont lawyers. The only solution to this would be to use offshore and less scrupulous shops.

EXACTLY!!! This is what happened to me just as I went into the final stage just before giving the OK to go ahead with the prototype/sample. Kruzer knows all too well of my 6 month odyessey trying to have the perfect A-F series cg manfactured. The company I finally selected here in SoCal is housed in a 3 story building with security guards and over 100 employees. They started asking about the design/origination and ultimate use. The rest is history. Kruzer has his gen cg back in-hand.

Quick Update:

I received Jakob's case back and yes it does fit. I also fit a pair of the the standard cg lug screws available on Ebay as well and it all fits. So it looks like we are good to send on to the CNC shop for prototype and per case quote. It will take a week or two so I won't have much additional to add for a few weeks. The next steps are to get prices, the prototype made and to send it back to Rob to build it out to make sure everything is good. So, so far we are still looking good.

Hope springs eternal. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

EXACTLY!!! This is what happened to me just as I went into the final stage just before giving the OK to go ahead with the prototype/sample. Kruzer knows all too well of my 6 month odyessey trying to have the perfect A-F series cg manfactured. The company I finally selected here in SoCal is housed in a 3 story building with security guards and over 100 employees. They started asking about the design/origination and ultimate use. The rest is history. Kruzer has his gen cg back in-hand.

US-A its bound to happen if you try it their, why not get some Europeans to do it?

I am gone search for people that can make such item here in my home country.