When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD V5.9 Swiss ETA 2836-2 from Trevor Time

plaifender

Just to finish it off..heard back from Trevor

"The reason i haven't reply you in time .

As my hometown had happen the flood ,i just be back from my hometown today.

My hometown in JiangXi province in the middel of China ,lots of people had die."

So I've already gone with someoen else...but he is still around apparently, jsut had other issues to deal with.

I'm glad to hear he's ok, and that he hasn't deserted. If you don't mind sharing.. where are you getting your DSSD from? It's a shame trevor wasn't able to be on top of it. This DSSD is the best out there for the money.. as the cartels are charging nearly double for a similar product... Don't even mention ETZ :(

I'm glad to hear he's ok, and that he hasn't deserted. If you don't mind sharing.. where are you getting your DSSD from? It's a shame trevor wasn't able to be on top of it. This DSSD is the best out there for the money.. as the cartels are charging nearly double for a similar product... Don't even mention ETZ :(

Ended up holding off on the DSSD for now, might revist that one in a few months

I received mine. The caseback does not screw down completely (the caseback grey part is too high…). The clasps doesn't align perfectly and the "brush part" (where you are supposed to put your nail to pull the crown), well, is completely polished and not very well finished. And I replace the pearl as soon as I get it. It was ugly ! But the overall watch is a much better version compare to my V3. A mix of my v3 parts and some fitting with the caseback and I may have a nice model :)

Oh… and there is no coronet engraved on the crystal. And when I super gently remove the ceramic bezel, it was cut… Nothing to worry after some glue but nevertheless, but if I hadn't removed the bezel I would never have discovered this also.

I think that is all ! But it is a nice watch in the beautiful world of rep !

Edited by docdoc

Every rep DSSD I have seen has the case back retention ring standing 1.5 threads proud of the case body. It's not just your watch. It's all of them.

As for the Rolex crown stamped clasp guard not mating flush, again ... many rep DSSDs have this same issue. The pearl ... well you knew that was a problem.

It sounds like your watch is a common example; nothing un-expected for this version.

Im not sure what you mean by taking off the bezel insert and finding that it's "cut" ..

I am still waiting to hear from trevor... It has been a few days now...Looking to purchase the dssd...sharp rep and looks great!

I have not from him as of yet... has any one heard back from him with interest in making the watch??

thanks Don

Edited by stretchrunner

I am still waiting to hear from trevor... It has been a few days now...Looking to purchase the dssd...sharp rep and looks great!

I have not from him as of yet... has any one heard back from him with interest in making the watch??

thanks Don

Trevor was apparently dealing with personal issues. His hometown in southern China was flooded and he had to go home. Apparently he's back a of yesterday. I've seen him online, and I will ask him how things are. Hopefully he's back to the grindston with answering his emails and running his business.

Sounds horrible! I don't know If i'd be able to live with those flaws. Next time, you should ask for QC photos BEFORE he sends the watch.

Guess what I did ask for QC shots. But you can not see your future watch in details. There was no way I could have know about the caseback and the bezel and the claps looking at the photos Trevor send me. And the caseback looks fine on the pics…

Or another possibility is that he didn't send me the watch that is on the pics…

4732977622_0ba3e62c1a_b.jpg

4732332903_c99873c24e_b.jpg

4732978280_370d26b811_b.jpg

4732978670_248149551f_b.jpg

Edited by docdoc

If this is the watch Trevor is shipping, then it looks to me to be a normal v5 DSSD, same as 2009's model, which it still a solid watch. As long as they are past the crooked printed dial batch that sank Eurotimez.

It looks to be the exact watch model I received in July 2009. (v5.0) You can see in my watchbox picture gallery the pearl close-up which also shows the bezel insert is a fraction of a mm too thick, just like this watch.

If this is the watch Trevor is shipping, then it looks to me to be a normal v5 DSSD, same as 2009's model, which it still a solid watch. As long as they are past the crooked printed dial batch that sank Eurotimez.

It looks to be the exact watch model I received in July 2009. (v5.0) You can see in my watchbox picture gallery the pearl close-up which also shows the bezel insert is a fraction of a mm too thick, just like this watch.

same model watch as in my original post... Still doesn't look like a normal V5 dssd to me. The slightly thicker "OGEV" "RLS" font looks a little bit bolder and more pronounced to me than the normal 2009 V5... The glass-o-milk pearl is obviously the same.. but the bezel font also seems to be a bit bolder and whiter... I had a V5 previously and the trevor watch i replaced it with is just all around better in my opinion.. not to mention that my old V5 didn't have 316F steel.... Trevor's does. :)

Guess what I did ask for QC shots. But you can not see your future watch in details. There was no way I could have know about the caseback and the bezel and the claps looking at the photos Trevor send me. And the caseback looks fine on the pics…

Or another possibility is that he didn't send me the watch that is on the pics…

4732977622_0ba3e62c1a_b.jpg

4732332903_c99873c24e_b.jpg

4732978280_370d26b811_b.jpg

4732978670_248149551f_b.jpg

p.s. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL YOUR BEZEL markers!!!!!!!?????? you have a completely smooth bezel with no minute markers!!!!!!!

So anyone else bought a dssd from trevor.... and how do you like your watch??

I thinking of buying from him but not sure yet!!

Apparently his home town was flooded out and he's having communications issues. I'd give him a bit of time to get things sorted out unless you are very patient. I know he's an established and well-liked dealer but he's currently having an issue.

The bezel has all the markers. I didn't even notice it on the QC pics. So what I suspect turn to be right. The watch that has been sent is not the same than the one on the pics.

yes.i enquired about the photos he sent are actually meant for his adv and not the real watch he will be sending.

he got upset and said i dont trust him at all. after that no reply after.

i have to be more conservative about his purchase now.

yes.i enquired about the photos he sent are actually meant for his adv and not the real watch he will be sending.

he got upset and said i dont trust him at all. after that no reply after.

i have to be more conservative about his purchase now.

For his ADV?? what is ADV?

• 2 weeks later...

takumee, was this issue resolved. I know that trevor has been on his honeymoon. If you haven't gotten your issue resolved I would contact trevor. I've spoken with him on behalf of a couple of other members and he appears to be rectifying a couple of their problems. Send me a pm with your email and I'll mention your issue as well to him. (if needed)