When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD V5.9 Swiss ETA 2836-2 from Trevor Time

plaifender

R,

that's a great looking DSSD at a really good price. Quite a bit less than the ETZ and I'm sure not 1% of the hassle! My question is how is the factory lume? My ETZ is just marginally OK, but a relume is definitely needed.

Thanks

R,

that's a great looking DSSD at a really good price. Quite a bit less than the ETZ and I'm sure not 1% of the hassle! My question is how is the factory lume? My ETZ is just marginally OK, but a relume is definitely needed.

Thanks

Hey Panerai,

The lume is very nicely colored and very uniform. Unfortunately it still only lasts a few minutes even after hours of exposure to sunlight. Standard rep quality, but the color is very good.

Thats Trevors $225 V5. Thats my guess. I say this because I've been eyeing that watch on trevors site.

Trevors a trusted dealer on RWI, if you want to see the watch im talking about heres the link. Looks pretty good to me, as does Fenders new one. Nice sheen, for sure!

http://www.trevortime.info/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=33&osCsid=u5d1rm76l2ibabclqdvo8s8f33

P.S. P4, not mine is not the $225 version. it's the slightly more expensive swiss ETA.

Although this is a V5... it's still different than all other V5's that I have seen especially the "RLS" engraving.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this now the best DSSD rep regardless of price?

I would say it is. I believe that the 2010 version I got from ETZ is equally as good, but since ETZ has been suspended and there are numerous complaints about watches and parts not being delivered, as well as their absolute refusal to answer emails and PM's, I would not buy from them again nor would I recommend them to anyone. I don't know how many of these watches ETZ 2010 DSSD) were actually delivered, but I only know of two on this forum.I would buy this one from Trevor, sounds like a very good person to deal with and his price is quite a bit lower. Pretty much a "no brainer" to me.

Where is Trevor located? Has anyone in the states received orders from him? Just curious as to how it goes.

anyone has ordered from trevor these few days?

i have ordered one from the website, except that they never ask for my payment?

i have emailed him since last week but no reply.

anyone facing the same?

I have bought a couple of watches from him. You order and he usually e-mails you PayPal instructions, at least he used to. He dropped off the map for a few months and is apparently back but I have not bought anything from him since he re-surfaced...

He just responded to me, so he is checking his mail, hopefully he gets back to you soon

Kinda want to take this back..he did respond. Now hes gone away again with no response. Makes me think maybe not the best person to deal with (good thing he stopped communicating before payment I guess), could be other circumstances I guess...but with the web site ordering really not working at all, makes me rethink this option.

Just my opinion

Kinda want to take this back..he did respond. Now hes gone away again with no response. Makes me think maybe not the best person to deal with (good thing he stopped communicating before payment I guess), could be other circumstances I guess...but with the web site ordering really not working at all, makes me rethink this option.

Just my opinion

I wouldn't buy through his website.. the watch is cheaper if you mention you're an RWG member :) I ordered mine directly through email contact. 10 euros less than his website

I wouldn't buy through his website.. the watch is cheaper if you mention you're an RWG member :) I ordered mine directly through email contact. 10 euros less than his website

I know (and its only cheaper if you pay certain ways), but he doesnt email anyone back anymore apparently, thats the problem.

I was just pointing out that even should you want to purchase from his website..you cant, it goes through and tells you the orders completed...but never asks for payment info. Free watch? Sure!

I know (and its only cheaper if you pay certain ways), but he doesnt email anyone back anymore apparently, thats the problem.

I was just pointing out that even should you want to purchase from his website..you cant, it goes through and tells you the orders completed...but never asks for payment info. Free watch? Sure!

I know of other dealers that do the same on their websites. They simply take the order number then send you payment info in email form later. If he's not responding to emails that's definitely not good. I hope no one's order is pending and already paid for. That's the worse feeling. It's a shame, because my experience was so positive with him! I don't know what to tell you besides that I hope it all works out!

Yep, I had heard only good things, and yes the web order would make sense if he followed it up (or at least put a page saying 'you will be contacted for purchase details' instead of getting a page saying 'transaction complete'

Hope it works out for anyone buying from him, personally, I'm goign to look to other avenues as his lack of communication makes me very reluctant to purchase from him.

Just to finish it off..heard back from Trevor

"The reason i haven't reply you in time .

As my hometown had happen the flood ,i just be back from my hometown today.

My hometown in JiangXi province in the middel of China ,lots of people had die."

So I've already gone with someoen else...but he is still around apparently, jsut had other issues to deal with.